No transparency

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
lekeoi

No transparency

Post by lekeoi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 pm

I have another problem i made a few hud objects

Just a few for reference all pictures are made the same. Anyway the image shows great but the parts that i want to be transparent just aren't, why. And is there a way i can re-size them by just scripting it in like
framescale = #
"Life is like a box of ammo." You always know what your going to get.

Nighthawk_0973

Re: No transparency

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 pm

No offense but might I suggest finding an artist? As far as hud objects I never got them to work because the coordinates of the screen in RF were only roughly defined in the eBook and I've never seen anything else about it...
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

lekeoi

Post by lekeoi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Nighthawk_0973 wrote:No offense but might I suggest finding an artist? As far as hud objects I never got them to work because the coordinates of the screen in RF were only roughly defined in the eBook and I've never seen anything else about it...
thanks anyway and i wish i could get an an artiest but cant so i have to draw everything out.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm

If I remember correctly, frames are drawn on top of indicators, so you will have to make those areas transparent in the frame image (i.e. black in the alpha image). Or do you mean there's no transparency at all? Is the alpha image specified correctly? What format are the images (bmp, 24bit, ...) ?

There's currently no way to resize the HUD images in game.
As far as hud objects I never got them to work because the coordinates of the screen in RF were only roughly defined in the eBook and I've never seen anything else about it...
I suggest reading the section about the HUD.ini file in the RF manual.

lekeoi

Post by lekeoi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:22 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:If I remember correctly, frames are drawn on top of indicators, so you will have to make those areas transparent in the frame image (i.e. black in the alpha image). Or do you mean there's no transparency at all? Is the alpha image specified correctly? What format are the images (bmp, 24bit, ...) ?
no transparency at all i must have my problems with the alpha image for one its as big as the image itself.