Need help with enemy pawns. Tired of the robot!!

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
bweinstein

Need help with enemy pawns. Tired of the robot!!

Post by bweinstein » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 am

I would like to know if there are any other actors with the scripts and pawn.ini file information that I can get somewhere or someone has...I'm really tired of just attacking robots. That's the only enemy pawn I know how to add to my game. I need the scripts that go with actors because I have no scripting experience. I also need to know what to write in the pawn.ini file. Just letting me know where to find actors I can use for enemy pawns won't help because I have no scripting experience. Thanks!

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Re: Need help with enemy pawns. Tired of the robot!!

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 am

Why not read the ebook and the manual like everyone else and make one of your own? You have to start helping yourself. If you can't understand the ebook, then you need to give up or move on to something else.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 pm

go to you tube and type how to make a free first person shooter part3. it shows you how to make a new actor and a simple script for him

bweinstein

Post by bweinstein » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

I tried the youtube video already but it does not work. I saved the actor to my actor file, I wrote down and saved the script to my script file, then I added the actor to my pawn.ini file. I opened up RFEditPro and then added the pawn entity, put in the Pawntype as "badguy1", the Scriptname as "badguy1.s", and then set the SpawnOrder to "Spawn." When I go to preview my game nothing shows up, not even the actor. I also downloaded a few demos and copied some of the actors and scripts, and changed the pawn.ini file, but they won't show up either. The only pawn I can get to actually show up at all is the robot. Am I doing something wrong?

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:42 pm

as a matter of fact no. the script is out dated. you can try to go to tinkernuts fourm and get the full script. open up the rfscriptedit it should tell you errors in the script. Also i fixed that script :D

bweinstein

Post by bweinstein » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 pm

I tried going to his website and there isn't any script on it. I think he got hacked or something. Also, I wouldn't really know how to update a script even if I knew it had errors. How could a script get outdated?

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 pm

How could a script get outdated?
By simply updating the software and not adjusting the script to use the new features and functions.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

megatop

Post by megatop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm

hes right