Weapon position problem

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
DjPoppyT

Weapon position problem

Post by DjPoppyT » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 pm

I followed the steps in the pdf for weapon positioning, got it where i wanted it. Then I wrote down the position numbers and saved them in weapon.ini. I recompiled and entered the game and the weapon position was way off. I checked the position numbers with weapon positioning again and they were the same as when it was in the right place. So i tried it a few more times and it always had the same result, proper position/save to weapon.ini/recompile/wrong position/same numeric values for x, y, and z as when it was right. The first time i positioned it I started it on 0 0 0 in weapon.ini. Is there something I may have missed?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nighthawk_0973

Re: Weapon position problem

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am

Are you using a different model than the .pdf file lists? Also, do you have a 3rd person actor for the model? Don't think that matters for this problem but if you don't have a 3rd person actor than the game will crash/throw you an error when you die.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

DjPoppyT

Post by DjPoppyT » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 am

I have the minigun set as the 3rd person actor because the other model only has one animation. Yes, I am using a different model than in the pdf, but I am following the steps to position the gun using the ini editor to set the game to weapon positioning mode. I write down the x,y,and z numbers and put them in weapon.ini, but when I re-render the game the position is wrong or i can't see the model. Also in first person the fire-rate is unchanged no mater what i put in.

DjPoppyT

Post by DjPoppyT » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Positioning problem solved. I may post later if I can't get all the issues figured out. Thank you for your input.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm

no prob. :wink:
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.