Breakable Pawn script

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Veleran

Re: Breakable Pawn script

Post by Veleran » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Thanks a lot,I will try the update it as soon as i can.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Veleran wrote:Thanks a lot,I will try the update it as soon as i can.
How did the patched game went ?

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:54 pm

I think am good in finding bugs in games.I still get the sink hole when the vase does not spawn and fall down through the floor.
Second,I can not use the attributes i pick.I double click on them in their inventory slots ,again click once,any mouse button,and nothing happens.

Third,i can not drag and drop any item in one inventory slot which is bugged,it is the second slot on the second row.

The rest bugs are not of the vase script.
A window pops up saying the skeletons scripts have incorrect set of parameters in idle pain order when i throw daggers at them.

I wonder what a going to do with the fireball explosion.I noticed no explosion,however i am glad it has not shut down the level yet as it did before even without the explosion.

A note about the update extraction:I did not try to extract the whole directory in RF to avoid replacing the older ones with an install having only those updated ini and miss the rest.
So i copied each folder contents manually.

I hope it does not matter if the rest two player characters which i have not worked on yet,might miss some attributes because when i modified the ini's they still use too.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Veleran wrote:I think am good in finding bugs in games.I still get the sink hole when the vase does not spawn and fall down through the floor.
I didn't look into this issue but it might be that the pawn is sunk in to the floor and when the pawn is not visible it creates a hole with collision detection. So make sure the pawn's bounding box is above the floor.
Second,I can not use the attributes i pick.I double click on them in their inventory slots ,again click once,any mouse button,and nothing happens.
Did you write a script in the inventory file to do what you want and then add a double click event in the layout file? Describe what you need and I will help you with this.
Third,i can not drag and drop any item in one inventory slot which is bugged,it is the second slot on the second row.
That is the Throwing Hammer, it doesn't have an image in the ItemIcons_DarkCrypt_1.tga file.
A window pops up saying the skeletons scripts have incorrect set of parameters in idle pain order when i throw daggers at them.

I wonder what a going to do with the fireball explosion.I noticed no explosion,however i am glad it has not shut down the level yet as it did before even without the explosion.
I'll try fixing these problems.
A note about the update extraction:I did not try to extract the whole directory in RF to avoid replacing the older ones with an install having only those updated ini and miss the rest.
So i copied each folder contents manually.

I hope it does not matter if the rest two player characters which i have not worked on yet,might miss some attributes because when i modified the ini's they still use too.
I didn't test the other player characters, shouldn't matter what attributes they have if they are not being used. But if you use them then they should have the correct attributes.
Last edited by Allanon on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:14 pm

In both the Skeleton.s and Skeleton_Ambusher.s scripts the BlendToAnimation() function is called but with incorrect parameters.

The current scripts have this:

Code: Select all

BlendToAnimation("Injury",true, "Dark Crypt/Monsters//Monstergrunt1.wav");
But it should be this:

BlendToAnimation("Injury",2.0, true, "Dark Crypt/Monsters/Monstergrunt1.wav");
The 2.0 is the blend time for the animation, I put 2 seconds but you can change it to whatever you like. Also remove the extra / from the path.

Just fix all the BlendToAnimation() functions in both scripts to fix the error message popping up when attacking the skeletons.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:33 pm

In the weapon.ini file the fireball projectile has some blank parameters. If a parameter doesn't have a value then remove the parameter, don't leave it blank. Try this:

[fireball]
type = projectile
actor = Dark Crypt\Projectile\Bones_Proj.act
rotation = -90 180 0
scale = 1.0
gravity = false
bounce = false
speed = 140
lifetime = 3
boundingbox = 24
explosion = FireballExplosion
attachactor = false
showboth = false
bonelevel = false
shakeamount =  1
shakedecay =  1
damage = 1
explosionradius = 64
explosiondamage = 10
movesound = Dark Crypt\Projectile\Fireball4.wav
impactsound = 
effect0 = FireBallSmall
effectbone0 = BONE01
effect1 = SmokeTrail
effectbone1 = BONE01

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:14 am

I had rendered the hammer icon but i forgot to stitch it with the rest pics.
I noticed that the attribute inventory pics look blurred enlarged.If i render them in higher res would they scale down to fit the smaller screen proportions?
http://www.megafileupload.com/k374/Item ... rypt_1.tga

The fireball crashes again and does not display the explosion when it hits actors.
When the lifetime expires it does show the explosion.
I do not now if it matters whether you leave one or two spaces between each projectile definitions in the ini.
I left one empty space line above and below each weapon and projectile settings.

I can not script that double click yet,i must check the manual and the commands.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:45 am

Veleran wrote:I had rendered the hammer icon but i forgot to stitch it with the rest pics.
I noticed that the attribute inventory pics look blurred enlarged.If i render them in higher res would they scale down to fit the smaller screen proportions?
http://www.megafileupload.com/k374/Item ... rypt_1.tga

The fireball crashes again and does not display the explosion when it hits actors.
When the lifetime expires it does show the explosion.
I do not now if it matters whether you leave one or two spaces between each projectile definitions in the ini.
I left one empty space line above and below each weapon and projectile settings.

I can not script that double click yet,i must check the manual and the commands.
You can make the size of the images as big as you want, it will auto size. But you will need to change the coordinates in the imageset file, right now it's set up so each image is 64x64 pixels. You would also need to change the NativeHorzRes in the imageset file if you change the image size.

I didn't mean the spaces between each projectile definitions, I mean that actorexplosion, shakeamount, and shakedecay don't have values assigned to them. Don't list the parameter if it does't have a value. Or assign values to them if they needed.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 am

reminder please try to make the sword visible in 1st person mode and not the gun please.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:40 pm

I understood you meant the blank parameters and i already thought so,but it still crashed without those.
I was suspicious about the one or two blank lines like many scripting things that i do not know how exactly they have to be.
I thought so the pics will scale down,otherwise why QoD got in the trouble to update the menus system.

To add the 1st person sword would require positions adjustments and am not ready for that.
1st person gameplay also requires more work,like to make the clip walls solid which are now invisible for the iso view.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:08 pm

The vase and breakable meshes do not seem to intersect the floor,and i think we better debug it by removing the part where the pawn decides not to spawn.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Veleran wrote:The vase and breakable meshes do not seem to intersect the floor,and i think we better debug it by removing the part where the pawn decides not to spawn.
Just comment [Nothing] out at the top of the script:

Items
    {
        // [Nothing]
        [Vase_Ceramic_1]
        [Vase_Ceramic_2]
        [Vase_Wooden_2]
        [Vase_Wooden_3]
    }

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

I did some testing and found that if you remove the EndScript(); from the Spawn order you don't fall through the floor. You should probably also remove the EndScript(); from the TakeLoot order.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:28 pm

Ha-!That is great.Thank you very much.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:08 am

Could you send me a patch of the game with all those fixes ?