Can sombody help me change this?

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:34 pm

I think that I posted this in the wrong place the first time so I will try it here and try to get some better results (If any at all :wink: ).

I need help yet again with the pawn attribute thing, last time I posted something on this topic I was told that somebody could get me a version of the RF executable that allowed for pawns to:
1) Check for multiple damage attributes at the same time.
2) Interact with pickup weapons
3) and in general, treat attributes in more or less the same way as the player treats attributes.

The only problem is that I haven heard from this person in over 2 weeks and I haven’t the foggiest idea of how to make the necessary modifications all by my self.

He said that all of the functions above and more that I can’t remember at this time could be brought into use through simple new scripting commands that he had added by modifying the engine or adding a "plugin" that added the nessacary commands to the engine.

My question is, can anybody show me how to or help me to replicate the functions described above into my install of RF so that I would be able to use the new scripting features in my game.

It is this small missing functionality that is holding the completion of my project in front of my face like a treat on a string that is just out of my reach.

If there is anybody out there who thinks that they may be able to help my with this problem then please don’t hesitate.

While I am in there I also want to add that 40 wepon slots thing but I don't even know how to "get in" in the first place.

I think I may need to edit and recompile my RF install and I am fine with that but may need a little help doing so.

Thank you,
Fps

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:17 am

Downloading RF0.75 should help you. It has new pawn commands and stuff with which you can add attributes to pawns.

fps

Post by fps » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 am

what is RF0.75?

Thanks,
Fps

P.S.
Sorry it took me so long to respond, i was visiting family and have been away.

jonas

Post by jonas » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:55 am

It is the new version of Reality Factory. You can Grab the new version here! It is the top download says Reality Factory Update 0.72A to 0.75.

To install it unzip it into the folder you installed realityfactory into.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

fps

Post by fps » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:58 pm

what do i need to do in my scripts to make this work?
Where did the docs go?
and are you sure that this will fix my problem???

Thanks you very much,
Fps

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:59 pm

does anybody know if the commands that i am looking for are in this release?
If so what do i need to do to use them???

Thanks,
Fps

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Well... there ARE commands to give pawns multiple attributes in the new release but at least I haven't been able to get them working...

Maybe someone more experienced would know how to make them work.
Pain is only psychological.

fps

Post by fps » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:21 pm

who does the editing of the engine?

he would know.

I could PM him asking him to help us on this fourm.

Thanks,
fps

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:59 pm

several people. nout, questofdreams, wxb1, and im probably forgetting someone else, too...

madness

Re: Can sombody help me change this?

Post by madness » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:38 am

I just caught this old post and I guess my question is, Does Reality Factory 0.76.0 support a pawn having multiple health attributes that are used simultaneously as juttis claimed? That would save me a lot of running around if it is the case.

Thanks,
Madness
Somewhere in Nevada...