Starting an irrlicht .3dt import node......

Programming Reality Factory and Genesis3D.
Voltare

Starting an irrlicht .3dt import node......

Post by Voltare » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:35 am

The reason I want to do this is simple.There's a great little utility on the irrlicht forum called Irrwizard.

You can create a complete FPS game with it with a few clicks.The problem is, it reads quake 3 map files........

I want to use Rfeditpro to make levels and areas for this.

And since I'm probably the only one who does.....I'll have to try to make it myself....If anyone wants updates...i will give them when i have them....

I'm figuring i'd have to "port" rfeditpro to irrlicht to start with...

Now, to the programmer people out there....is it possible?

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:41 am

This is not helping anything, because Andy changed the underlying engine to ogre. This is because when you want to go deeper (like making a gameshell with the engine) Ogre is a better choice than irrlicht.

But if you still want to do it:

About the possibilty, everything is really possible, you just have to know the 3dt file format really well...(And this where it starts, this is Genesis3d code and the poeple who prgorammed it are long gone if i am right!)
But you could start with looking at how the editor (download the rfedit sourrce code) reads the files...maybe this will give you a direction.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:51 pm

yeah...after i thought about...it isn't helpin' anything

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:54 am

Now, to the programmer people out there....is it possible?
Anything is possible. The real question would be "Where can I gain the knowledge to meet my goal?" You can start here. It's the source code for the Milkshape 3D 3DT Exporter. That should at least get you the file format specs.