Reality Factory Community Release April 2008

Programming Reality Factory and Genesis3D.
ardentcrest

Re: Reality Factory Community Release April 2008

Post by ardentcrest » Mon May 26, 2008 11:57 pm

got your rf + patckand I'm getting this
Realityfactory.exe - entry point not found

The procedure entry point NewtonBodySetAutoSleep could not be located in the dynamic link library newton.dll.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue May 27, 2008 12:01 am

have your rf+the patch and am getting this error

the procedure entry point NewtonBodySetAutoSleep could not be located in the dynamic link library Newton.dll.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 am

That's really strange. Right now i noticed that i have placed all the files in an folder called 'release'. Copy ALL the files and subfolders in this folder into your RF folder. Please first test it, then install the patch and test again.

Your problem seems to be connected with the Newton.dll, my guess is that it cannot find it.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Tue May 27, 2008 2:30 am

Just to reiterate, This is installed over the physics installation to allow for both features?
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue May 27, 2008 2:22 pm

No, this release contains the physics release and therefore is 'build upon the physics release'. It contains both features in one.
-----

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Link is broke D:
Herp derp.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Oh, shut up :D .... These files are all on my other computer, which is quite a few kilometres away. (At the place where i study). It's holiday time now, and the next time i will be there will be in the beginning of September.

I will not continue this 'branch' of RF, the only reason to use this outdated version is to have newton physics, which will be outdated soon in RF 0.80. There was a topic about RFs 'Branching' a while ago and the bottom line was that we will use another Physics engine... because of the Newton license or something like that... We are using the PhysX engine now, which will be even accelerated if your Graphics card supports PhysX. Also, the license seems to be very good for RF - completely free as i've heard, unless someone wants the source (which will not affect RF's source in any the way, the RF source will stay free)

The problem with the branching is 1.: It's much more work for a small group of people using it (as most people stick to the official builds), 2.: It's difficult to support, users will come with questions and we have to first ask them which version of RF they are using, which could confuse new users and also we would need people who are familiar with the other versions of RF (and then we have to wait for these to stumble over the topic)

Take the physics stuff for example. There are only a few that know how it works, so we have problems supporting it and answering questions. I, for example, have no idea how this physics stuff works, so i cannot help you. Federico, who was most knowledgeable about the physics stuf, has last logged in on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:53 pm. There might be a few others who would be able to answer your questions, i wouldn't get my hopes high for it though.

Also, another problem is that the source of this went missing (computer crash) and so the source of the scripted projectiles was lost, which is the only thing that was really new about all this (Enhanced pawn weapon system -> Accessory system, Newton Physics -> PhysX because of license). I don't even think i still have backups for the actual files... Maybe someone else has it?
-----

madness

Post by madness » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Does anybody have the source that was released for this? I might have it buried away in Cd's at home but that collection is getting so old, there are hole wearing through the disks. :S
Somewhere in Nevada...

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:38 am

madness wrote:Does anybody have the source that was released for this? I might have it buried away in Cd's at home but that collection is getting so old, there are hole wearing through the disks. :S
there already are holes in the disks
Herp derp.

madness

Post by madness » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 pm

darksmaster923 wrote:
madness wrote:Does anybody have the source that was released for this? I might have it buried away in Cd's at home but that collection is getting so old, there are hole wearing through the disks. :S
there already are holes in the disks
Umm, yes. The disks are becoming so worn and old that it is very difficult to use most of them.

Again, Still looking for the source code to this 2008 release.
Somewhere in Nevada...