What would it take, to compile rf in other compilers?

Programming Reality Factory and Genesis3D.
jonas

What would it take, to compile rf in other compilers?

Post by jonas » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:49 pm

What exactly in english would it take to compile rf in another compile besides the expensive compiler that is needed?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 pm

i believe you would have to remove every occurance of mfc code, and, unless you were to use borland c++ (and i dont know if the free version works with g3d), switch it to a different 3d engine. it really would likely be easier to do a complete re-write.

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:56 am

What exactly do you mean by mfc code? I don't get it!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

steven8

Post by steven8 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:00 am

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:17 pm

I just compiled rf with 500 errors. It seems to be missing some header files, which appear to be mfc something another. What if i was able to get these files would it compile?

Crtdbg.h
afxwin.h
afxext.h
afxdisp.h
afxdtctl.h
afxcmn.h
dsound.h
evcode.h
strmif.h
control.h
uuids.h
ColDet.h
font.h
afxtempl.h

and all of these were linked from stdafx.h which was included with rfs source.

I also had a 400 and something errors from the file mmsystem.h would that be because it was missing the above headers?
Jonas