RfEdit enhancements

Programming Reality Factory and Genesis3D.
wxb1
RF Dev Team

RfEdit enhancements

Post by wxb1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:26 pm

I wanted to start adding a few things that I need to help make using the editor even easier... I added the ability to (1)add/remove textures to the your *.TXL file directly inside the editor and (2) I added the ability to get the brush/face dimensions(measurements) in texels. With this secon option you can also define your own measurements.. i.e. you can create a feet measure so you can view your measurements in feet.
Attachments
RFEditR.JPG
(118.94 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

wxb1
RF Dev Team

Post by wxb1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:33 pm

The code is complete but I'm going to test it thoroughly this coming saturday.... I shold be able to release the code and exe this weekend...

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:19 pm

aw sweet!

yeah i've always found addingtextures to RFedit long winded, this will speed up the development process a bit as i usually build my geometry then texture it after,

Awsome Can't wait for this enhancement...

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:27 pm

Spyrewolf wrote:aw sweet!

yeah i've always found addingtextures to RFedit long winded, this will speed up the development process a bit as i usually build my geometry then texture it after,

Awsome Can't wait for this enhancement...
ditto
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 am

I must make this my CATCHPHASE

WHERES THE DOWNLOAD
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:10 pm

great job! sorry to bring up rf2 again, but the in-editor texture packer was something i was considering back when i thought id still be using texture packages...

wxb1
RF Dev Team

Post by wxb1 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:03 am

Sorry about the delay... but my upload speed/reliability is horrible... I had only compiled a debug version which was about 5mb which I wanted to upload to my online folder.... I did zip it to about 825k but my upload is still timing out... I'll compile a release version and zip it and try to upload it again tommorrow.... It's time to have a little talk with ISP about this upload problem...

wxb1
RF Dev Team

Post by wxb1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:53 am

Ok... I finally was able to get the file uploaded... I think there is a problem with my firewall which causes problems with uploading... I currently talking with my dsl router vender... anyways.... YOu should be able to download the file here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/wendellbuckner@sbcglobal.net

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:29 am

I tried immediatly and it really do the job in a wonderful way. The only problem of RFEditPro is the slowness and frequency of the BSP rebuild caused by the loaded actors (static mesh, statientityproxy and similar). WorldEditor hasn't this problem and when you change something in entity ore geometry the loaded meshes doesn't cause that continue rebuild. Can this be solved in some way also in RFEditPro?
Anyway, really a good work! :wink:

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:40 am

@ wxb1
Can you please send me the code changes?

@ federico
In the RFEdit Pro menu bar click on Mode and uncheck Auto Rebuild BSP

federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:40 am

:roll: yes I know, but this doesn't change the thing for the actor geometry. If you are building a level using a static mesh, you just have to see the wireframe mesh -for example - to put the lights in the correct position, or to place correctly the bounding clip geometry. Also with the autorebuild turned off when you place a new entity or a new brush the rebuilding trees starts anyway. It also starts in the same way everytime you compile the level (also with Entity Only flagged, it starts before the compile process) . The only solution is to put a wrong folder path for Actor in the Level Option menu to turn off the meshes visualization. The Autorebuild option seems to affect only the level geometry and not the actor meshes. As i said this doesn't happen in WorldEdit. Any ideas?

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Sun May 07, 2006 5:40 am

I noticed that if you import textures through this new RFEditor, the textures stay indexed (8 bit - 256 colors) into the engine. I wasn't sure why I saw so much banding in my level, then I created the textures through the other route (rfpacker) and my textures came in fine.

Just an FYI

-turnstyle

Nout

Post by Nout » Sun May 07, 2006 12:36 pm

I've created a version of RFeditPro where you fully can disable the rebuild + with a few more features build in for alignment, rotation etc... It also allows to make a part of a cylinder.
Drawback: the file format is slightly extended. There is an option to save under previous formats, but then you loose the extra feature build in.

If you are interested, just send me an Email address and I'll forward the editor

wxb1
RF Dev Team

Post by wxb1 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:23 pm

The source code is now here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/wendellbuckner@sbcglobal.net

the file name is Rfeditprosource.zip

aicd99

Re: RfEdit enhancements

Post by aicd99 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:15 am

The software and the code is gone from yahoo could I have a mirror please