some terms ?

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
mustafaatall

some terms ?

Post by mustafaatall »

what are differences between :

- AmbientColor
- FillColor
- AmbientLightFromFloor

simply and easily please , I can't understand complex english words very good...

thanks
jonas

Post by jonas »

Ok first of all, let me give you the meaning of Ambient.
Dict.org wrote:ambient
adj : completely enveloping; "the ambient air"; "ambient sound";
"the ambient temperature"
Another way to put that is is completly surrounds the object or area.

- AmbientLightFromFloor
The light radiates from the floor envelopes everything above it.

- AmbientColor
I'm not sure but I think this tells what color the outside of this light is.

- FillColor
Again I'm not positive but I think this one is the inside color of that light.

If you still don't understand let me know and I'll look into it a little more and give you a more complete answer ;-)
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
steven8

Post by steven8 »

FillColor, say with your player or an object, defines the light with which it is 'filled'. If you set the fill color on an object or your player to pure white, then all the textures will display exactly as they look. If you set it towrds the blue range, it will add a blue tinge to the textures. It 'fills' the textures with a color.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

The best way to find these things out is to test. Set up a simple level with some lights, so that you have some very light places and some completely dark places. Then add entitys with different light settings and see what happens. :)
Pain is only psychological.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Your right juutis. A lot of the time when I come to the forums I end up going in and experimenting before replying. Especially the ones about entities.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
mustafaatall

Post by mustafaatall »

thanks again my friends ,
I understood the meaning of these terms very good but again I have one question to you :

what is the meaning of " EnvironmentMapping " Field

in ActorSpout Entity ? .

I hope you don't be uneasy of me :wink:
GD1

Post by GD1 »

environment mapping is an effect that can be applied to any actor to make its textures appear to move in relation to the environment. basically it can be used for a sort of reflection effect.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
mustafaatall

Post by mustafaatall »

thanks for your answer GD1 but I did not understand the meaning very good , so,I Want some details again please... :oops: