How to learn simkin???

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
psYco

How to learn simkin???

Post by psYco »

I have been looking through the docs and also through various places of online help. But all I can find are things like the parameters of Simkin and the lower and higher level commands, but what I really need is some kind of tutorial of how to script for beginners like, ''now start by typing xy and z and then do this this and that and then you see that this happens'' this kind of thing is the only way I learn I cant see any kind of connection from just looking at the commands and the parameters. So does such a tutorial exist???

I really wanna learn to script but I just need the tuteorial.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

There's a pretty good explanation in the Making 3D Games with Reality Factory e-book. It starts on page 107.
In case you don't already have the book, download it here.

There's also this little tutorial Andy wrote.
http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/pawns.htm.

I hope they help... If not, just tell me and I'll try to explain everything step by step. :)
Pain is only psychological.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Like Juutis says, the Making 3D Games with Reality Factory e-book is the best there is out there.

I suggest start small and test often as you go along.
Don't write tons of code then test since it would be hard to track any errors.

Once you get the basics, look at the scripts that come with the demos and see if you can follow how they work on paper.

Remember, start small and build on it.
You gotta walk before you can run.
psYco

Post by psYco »

K thanks im reading that thing in the RF book, and its really helping! I still have trouble understanding but I think I can get it! I ll come back if there is a major problem!
allen5924

trouble..

Post by allen5924 »

@teh_psyco: reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllly hey???? it helps??? lol.. (well after i explained!! lol)