no weapon

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
Larryboy

no weapon

Post by Larryboy »

I am trying to set up my game so there is no weapon to begin with. So I tried removing the first weapon that is in weapons.ini in slot 0. I just got the next weapon instead.

Do I have to create an invisible weapon that doesn't fire to do this?
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

nope.

In player.ini there are many entries like

[bullet]
initial=10
low = 0
high = 20

or maybe

[Sword]
initial = 1
low = 0
high = 1

All weapons that are in weapon.ini also have such an entry. The initial value is the beginning value, while the low value is the minimum amount and high is the maximum amount. Let's say i have a weapon called Sword in weapon.ini. In order to function it also has to have a entry in the player.ini:

[Sword]
initial = 1
low = 0
high = 1

but i want that you dan't have it from the beginning, so i simply set initial to 0:

[Sword]
initial = 0
low = 0
high = 1

Hope this helps. :)
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
Larryboy

Post by Larryboy »

Many thanks - it worked

Strangely, I had created a separate playerxxx.ini file and set this name in the AttributeInfoForFile section of the PlayerSetup entity but it would only work if I changed it in the Player.ini. don't know if thats a bug.

If you're still reading this thread.. I would like the player to shoot themselves when they do get their gun out. (its a joke game for an little exhibition). How would I get firing the gun to trigger the players death?

Many thanks
Larryboy

Post by Larryboy »

Actually it didn't work fully... It comes up with no weapon but I can not select any weapons from 1-7 after that..

Any ideas?