Where is perfectai.s

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
ititrx

Where is perfectai.s

Post by ititrx »

:?:
Im reading the tutorial:
http://www.dhost.info/realityfactory/tu ... fectAI.htm

And it suggests reading through the perfectai.s before going any further in the tutorial. Id love to do that, however, I can't find it in any of the RF downloaded files.

Thanks!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

There's a link to the PerfectAI.s script file in the top of the page.

The link should take you to this page.

If you want to use it in RF, just copy all the text to notepad and save it to the 'scripts' folder of your RF installation.
Pain is only psychological.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Just so you know, the PerfectAi.s script is far from perfect.
It is very hacked and chopped version of one of Dairymans scripts, so learning from it is not the best starting point.

I'm not trying to discredit PerfectAi.s but just pointing out that there's lots of code in PerfectAi.s that doesn't make sense or code that doesn't do anything. Just a heads up fo ya.

If your new to scripting, take a look at Dans Velo free RF book which has a nice section on scripting.
Then look at some of Dairymans scripts such as genericmonster.s or genericmissile.s
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

I'm not trying to discredit PerfectAi.s but just pointing out that there's lots of code in PerfectAi.s that doesn't make sense or code that doesn't do anything. Just a heads up fo ya.
Very true.
I hadn't taken a closer look to PerfectAI until now. Some things in it are really senseless, indeed.
Pain is only psychological.
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

Seems ironic then doesnt it?
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

It did nothing when I tried it.
ititrx

Hmmm, thats odd there wasnt anything there

Post by ititrx »

the day I tried to get it. But after a few days learning RF, I find that http://dhost.info/realityfactory/ anything

is only available sometimes during the day/night and not available when I am. LOL.

So I will guess that the link was down the times I tried it, cause it was there just now.

So if the script is nothing, why is it still in the rf tut and still online? Just wondering.

Thanks for the heads up, will gander at it. I dont know the other script/person you mentioned, and am reading the book now.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

Because no one has written a better tutorial yet... :roll:
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

i just tried perfectai. the enemies dont die(easy fix) and the enemies dont hurt(dont know how to fix)
Herp derp.