time to move forum?

Discuss any other topics here
BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX »

Why dont you just put a kill banner tag in the html code of each page.

my website used to have tons of ads until i put some small code in to kill the ads

blackphoenixmedia.co.nr ~ 0 ads
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

In Firefox I just right-click and choose 'block images from blahblah.com', they disappear for up to a minute. If the ads
prevent downtime, I have no problem with them.
scott

Post by scott »

i dont think it would, every site has its downtimes, the reason it was down for so long was due to him being on holiday.

it may not be so bad but to have them moving down the screen covering stuff up is anouying, yea u can close them but that isnt the point.
*GD*
jonas

Post by jonas »

Its getting worse. I just went to a page on site and it had an ad and at the top it said skip ad!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :? that's taking it a little far.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
scott

Post by scott »

i dont know, file front does it, all adds are anoying but if they have to b there, but still i dont agree on having any adds on this forum.
*GD*
Kamazy

Post by Kamazy »

"www.forumer.com"

Best *free* forum hosting i'v seen sofar. :)

"www.freewebs.com"

Really good *free* web hosting. :)

"www.orbitfiles.com"

1 Gb Free file hosting.

combine these and you get a *free* site with up to 1 Gb file storage and a forum. :D
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

The problem with all those free sites is that sooner or later you run into some kind of troubles (like on dhost now).
I've pretty much made up my mind about the hosting provider so discussing this topic is obsolete...
[LOCKED]