Blender Model's of guns

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Microman171

Blender Model's of guns

Post by Microman171 »

I HATE BLENDER!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :( :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry: I JUST finished my great p90 model (working from a side view only) and I rendered it: Image and I was thinking about posting it here and I quit Blender. Blender sucks so instead of saying 'Would you like to save first?' or 'Are you sure you would like to quit' it just quits. And my file paths are screwed in blender so I have NO way to recover. I need to remake the topper half of the front of the gun and mi scope (I made that from imagination and a little help from a glimpse at a red dot scope.) I LOVE the way blender models and everything and its free but why no quit message. Would anybody here be able to make exportes to bdy and key for blender or the main thing I was hoping for; A quit message?? Thanks

Microman171

And I know crying isnt going to help Im just P*@#ed
Last edited by Microman171 on Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Sorry about the double posting but no comments :(

I have re-finished the P90 and it looks better:

Hope you like it.

Next is a glock I think or maybe a p99 something nice. Any Ideas on a basic shotty?? Eventualy I'm going to do an m16 carbine :D
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Ah, I saw the post but forgot to comment. :)

Anyway, that's made in Blender? :shock:
It looks awesome! Ages ago I tried to learn Blender but I kinda failed...
I see you have mastered, or at least are mastering Blender in a nice pace. That's great. :D

Shotty = Shotgun?
If so, then I would go for something like SPAS-12 or Benelli M4.
Pain is only psychological.
psYco

Post by psYco »

love the gun, i likve the second one more, the first seems more realistic but the other one is more in your face kick ass... witch is always good! and for a shotgun id say the best possible one is the visciously brutal, sawdoff double barrel, like the one from 'blood' a nice engraved wooden base, and theres nothing like it... keep it up man looking good!

I was wonering wats you poly counts on such nice looking guns?
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Hey,

THANKS I thought well im not great but it looks cool Im glad you like them. Shotty = Shotgun yup. Im going with the p99 because my sister likes it more. Ummm... The polly count on the first one was lost cause I forgot to save (Read the first post), but the second ones polly count is: 670 faces. Nice huh?? I'll have a look at the Benelli M4.

Cya

Microman171
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Hello, Swy double posting but it's a dif time zome nd im in a hurry explainin the bad grammer/spellin

here is my spas 12 Image

cya

Microman171
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Here is another gun (p99):

And the view of down the gun (aiming):

Microman171

PS, THOSE ADS ARE SOOOOOOOOO DAM ANNOYING haha
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

psYco

Post by psYco »

wow that was quick, and nice guns man! Are these the final textures? or just the blender couors? You should devinitely make them all nive and shiny like that pistol is when you look down the scope, shiny guns are cool! Like in BLACK! Im not sure if you can do this in RF tho... :?

good luck
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

Blender does too save your last file, if your
Blender is on say E: it will save them in the E:/tmp directory, it will be called 'quit.blend'

Blender Tuts
http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm

search 'blender modeling'

I agree, it's pretty whacky, to get models into
RF you'll probably have to export .3ds and
put them in Milkshape.
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

I know it does that 'Revert to last' or somthing like that. But the tmp dir was screwed for mine and if it tried to post there nothing wuld happen cause the name was like this; \tmp/ See my problem?? Well anyway I have learnt my lesson for now (I WILL forget it I'm sure haha)

Thanks for the positive feed back.

Microman171

PS Im working on an M16A2

EDIT: I'm going to texture and add bones and things in Gmax then export everything. What bones do I need (I dont want IK bones)
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

scott

Post by scott »

i like the p90 reminds me of stargate atlantis great show the goon looks good, mabe the scope needs to be a bit smaller but apart from that it looks cool, the shot gun seems to be too smooth, the parts semd to have the smae smoothing groups and looks all joind, mabe its suposed to look like that but in my opinion i think it needs to be less smothed at places.

the p99 looks good i done the same gun some time ago, was m first weapon tho i made it in milskshape
viewtopic.php?t=971
mabe you can use the advise they gave me to use with your model.
*GD*
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

No offense or anything but you don't need to model like that (It looks GREAT though) but you hardly see it in the world view nd in 1st person you only see down the barrel. You're right about the shotty but I'm going to texture it all in Gmax. Blender cant export to any formats to make into an act so I have to turn it into and auto cad drawing (haha haha) then Import into gimp the texture and bone there.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

scott

Post by scott »

i think thats thats personal opinion for me gun deail is important,here are a few pics of guns, i know that RF cant handle these sort of graphics but as you can see the detail of the gun is outstanding i havnt seen any weapons this good and as you can see the barrel of the gun isnt all that you are looking at, it is going to be the one thing that every body will be constantly looking at as its almost always in the same place and your going be using it all the while i time imagine.

the last one is my favourite :D

these pictures are taken from the game battlefield 2142
*GD*
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

OH JEEZ I remember that now!! I forgot that that was the view. I usually have that view. I will make picture texture. I wont nee to follow the shap EXACTLY though but thanks for that.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX »

you can get that type of detail in a gun by using a simple bump map and maybe a few light maps. you can make the gun in a really simple shape then attach a detailed texture and then bump map and alpha map it. then just attach a light map.

easy :D