Blender Model's of guns

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
psYco

Post by psYco »

I know its not really the place to ask but ive wanted to know this for a while, how do you do that? (make/apply bump maps alphamaps and lightmaps?) just a simple tute that can be related to RF would be great thanks! :)
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Hello, Now that I have finished some guns I want to put them in Gmax for textures and stuff. I have no idea. ZGmax imports 3ds and blender exports it but it doesnt work. I also tried dxf but it seperated all of the parts.

Thanks for all you help and comments

Microman171
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.
BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX »

why dont u try exporting into a OBJ file. i find that they are the easiest to work with as they always export perfectly.

oh, and why dont you just put auto mapping on. then export the uvs into photoshop then texture the uvs and save as a jpeg or bitmap then just apply the textured image. that way u dont have try to get it in to Gmax.

I use maya 8 and 3ds max 9 so i never really have any problems as they are both autodesk products.
jonas

Post by jonas »

psYco wrote:I know its not really the place to ask but ive wanted to know this for a while, how do you do that? (make/apply bump maps alphamaps and lightmaps?) just a simple tute that can be related to RF would be great thanks! :)
as far as making bump maps lightmaps extra check here

and for using them with realityfactory this will help you out.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
psYco

Post by psYco »

Thanks LOADS jonas:D ! And like at microman why not export as LWO (from blender) and then import into milkshape from witch you can pretty much export it as anything!!! :)
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Beause I have no money to buy milkshape an I have used the trial already
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

TheFinalCut1V

Post by TheFinalCut1V »

how do you make this im a noob so i have noo idea what programs do you use, and where do you get the texturesfor stuff like that??????? :?:
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Ummmmm.... I use Blender http://www.blender3d.org and it took me a while to learn but I learnt it. the textures take me while but I do that in Blender then export as wavefront. The I import into Gmax and set up the bones and envelopes. Then export as NFO then do the normal actor creation stuff. On my next actor I mae I will make a tutorial.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)