created room, PlayerSetup and PlayerStart, but get an error

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
mussashimits

created room, PlayerSetup and PlayerStart, but get an error

Post by mussashimits »

Hi,
I am very new to this program, but am trying to learn. I'm following this tutorial:
http://www.stormthecastle.com/video-gam ... ctory1.htm
So far I pressed enter, added entities: PlayerStart and PlayerSetup

According to the tutorial, when I click 'build' and try to run the level, I should be able to test it, but I get an error:
Compile Failed: GBSP_SaveGBSPFile for file: c:\documents and settings\derek.none-m5h12hugkp\desktop\realityfactory075a\realityfactory\media\levels\rfeditpro3.bsp, GBSPLib.Dll.
Might anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

c:\documents and settings\derek.none-m5h12hugkp\desktop\realityfactory075a\realityfactory\media\levels\rfeditpro3.bsp
The program doesn't like long directory paths with white spaces etc in it. You should install RealityFactory to C:\RealityFactory or something similar...
mussashimits

Post by mussashimits »

I apreciate the help- that seemed to solve the problem :)
mussashimits

Post by mussashimits »

This is a bit frustrating. I'm trying to do this very basic tutorial, but I can't- when I add the light entity, the whole level turns pitch black. Furthermore, I'm getting that error again. Thi is what it says:
Failed to remove hidden leafs.
Compile Failed: GBSP_CreateBSP encountered an error, GBSPLib.Dll.
Any ideas? Thanks again.
"There's two kinds of people in the world Doc, those who have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't. We call those last people 'dinner.''