Question Regarding trueGene

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
VilySoftworks

Question Regarding trueGene

Post by VilySoftworks »

Hello fellow RF forum members.

I am having difficulties downloading the "trueGene" exporter plug-in that it is said to be required for exporting/importing models from and to trueSpace to Reality Factory (which is the modelling software that I intend to use with the RF program) and vice versa. Whenever I tried, with no success to download trueGene from several web links, I always received a "HTTP 404 Page not found" error. I will appreciate it and thank you very much if any of you would kindly provide me with a stable link to download trueGene (or send me the plug-in to Vily12@aol.com) for game development purposes. Thank you for your appreciated involvement in this issue.

-Vily
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

trugene download

[EDIT: corrected link]
Last edited by QuestOfDreams on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

I didn't see it in our downloads anywhere. I thought I had it on disk and was going to put it up for d/l, but couldn't find it here either. :cry:

Thanks QOD! :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
federico
RF Dev Team

Post by federico »

steven8

Post by steven8 »

I'd say you were correct, frederico. :D I hadn't tried yet, as I am at work.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Larryboy

Post by Larryboy »

Hi Vily

Which version of Truespace are you using? I'm using 6.6 but had some problems using truegene so am using Milkspape to animate and texture my Truespace or Blender models as I thought it was more directly compatable.

I'd like to know how you get on with it.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

If trueGene gives you problems I think you could use blender as a model converter. Just import the .cob, then export to the desired format.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Larryboy

Post by Larryboy »

I can export straight to Milkshape because I have the truespace gamepak. Sadly, when you import truespace animations into Milkshape the joints seem to be in the wrong place, and the skin not attached properly.

Can Blender animations be imported into RF or Milkshape? I have not found a way and I keep getting problems trying to attach skins in Blender.

I guess I have a lot of problems:(

On the good side, I have managed to import skeletons and animations into Milkshape from Poser5 which I got free from this site in return for registering ( I guess its legit :?) . Now I have to learn Poser 5 :(
psYco

Post by psYco »

Ive heard of poser and I was just wondering if any one knew of any previous versions and/or beta's that are free, or even any trial versions. Since im always looking for ways to make more believable animations and new programs to learn (learning apps sucks but the more you know the quiker you pick up new ones! A good skill in game dev im told)
Larryboy

Post by Larryboy »

I found out about it when I was looking at the anim8or forum.

unfortunately it was a time limited off from http://www.contentparadise.com that has ended
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

Hey I kno this is an old topic but I love blender and want to model with that. Rf1 doesnt support anything but .act and blender doesnt do dat. I used to do a complicated but 'it werx' thing with blender and gmax but I can put gamx on the school comps. Does anyone have the TruGene exporter?? Also can you make it a perma link or sumthin because this is REALLY har to find

thanks

Dan
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Its available in the RF download section under actor exporters. Click here for the actor exporter download page.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

thanks for that. Is that under the GPL Licence?? Because I need it to be put on a school computer.

thanks heaps

dan
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Microman171

Post by Microman171 »

I found out that it has no licence al he tells you to do is do what ever so thanks people for all youa help.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)