One could only dream

Discuss any other topics here
AeKarma

One could only dream

Post by AeKarma »

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/te ... ue30.shtml

With a huge wallet extensive knowledge in C++ and modeling, Who wouldn't want it.

Rumors of the pricing for the first deals of the Unreal Engine 3 were around $500,000 for the engine and code. For each console coverage it's rumored to be in the neighborhood of $100,000 per console
scott

Post by scott »

well i hope the money im paying to the university back here will mean they will have these for each computer :twisted: or we will probably be stook with the half life engine i think it was :(
*GD*
AeKarma

Post by AeKarma »

Most schools use Torque Engine but who knows, I've heard of some giving you free copies of Modo and using engines created by the professor there.

But good luck in school :D
scott

Post by scott »

this is a bit different from normal schools, in the uk, you have your standard education, further education at college and then higher education (highest you can get) as univercities, it could be the tourqu engine i realy cant remember i had gone to an open day, 2 hours of wich was using the engine.
*GD*
psYco

Post by psYco »

Hey scott, what Uni u going to? Im in the UK aswell (as I think u knew) and Im getting to the point i need to look at uni (starting A levels in 1year) so yeah it would be cool to know of any good places that offer something in game desighn, I assume thats what ur going for? :?
scott

Post by scott »

stafford university, not too far from where you live, http://www.staffs.ac.uk/
its one of the leading uni for game production i have been led to belive with the latest equipment being sensor movment, the same thing they done with lord of the rings and the matrix, having the white ball things on the black cloths and sensors recording the movment of them.

the other side of the uni deals with all other media such as tv broadcasting and music i belive, the link should give you all you need to know. i missed this years and going to aply for the 2008/2009 year saving as much money as possible this year, i shoudl be able to get in with my work experience in the gaming industry (i hope)
*GD*
AeKarma

Post by AeKarma »

Ahh that's cool sorry I jumped at you a little fast there, Good luck getting into a good University though :D
scott

Post by scott »

no need to apologise, the schooling system is different in different countries, americans i belive use the term university for a different sort of school.
*GD*
AeKarma

Post by AeKarma »

We use University for the school that comes post high school. Assuming you know what high school is
scott

Post by scott »

yea high school is the same i belive.
*GD*
psYco

Post by psYco »

oh sweet, well i think im going to uni in 2010/11 ill give it a look it sounds pretty awsome, too bad its close to home, i really wanna get out of the house :( oh well mabey i can live on campus anyway :D
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

it looks awesome. too bad its ultra expensive.
Herp derp.
AeKarma

Post by AeKarma »

Well I mean, I think it's aimed at more of a whole company or university. For example one of their first sales on the engine was to Capcom for an undisclosed title. We'll see what they're cooking up in the following months though i'm sure. Anyone else excited for UT3?
psYco

Post by psYco »

hell yeah! :twisted: