Your opinion

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Dysphoriac

Your opinion

Post by Dysphoriac »

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I was wondering what you guys would think of this screenshot of my first attempt at a level, which was in February. Please respond and tell me what you think, it's a bit dark but it's ment to be.
Attachments
Hopefully the quality isn't ruined (I had to resize it)
Hopefully the quality isn't ruined (I had to resize it)
pondish.JPG (12.91 KiB) Viewed 903 times
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

it'sa nice start to the level there dude,

i hope you don't mind bu i gotta a couple of recomendations that may help the asthetics...

you should add some folliage and stuff on the grass especially near the fence lines, and maybe a couple of tree's as well..

also i dunno if you have a sunLight entity in there or not, but i find that really helps make out door levels beleviable..

your off to a good start!, i'd like to see a couple more screens and see the rest of the level! :wink:
Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac »

Thanks, there is a sunlight entity but I'll have to adjust it to give that screenshot a better effect. And the plants are a good idea, so I think I will work on that soon, and once I finish the level, I'll post some more shots. Thanks again.
"We revel in rebellious ways, rebellion that the media made. If you change your channel we'll smash your T.V."
scott

Post by scott »

not bad, looks good whats it for, whats the game about and is that it or do i see a wall at the bottom, hmmm a building?

and a good idea if im doing out side areas is look out the window, whats there that isnt in my game, i finde it and add it its a good way to get ideas.

and cool more screenshots. i think we need an alternitave to limited file sizes, i understand why we have the limit but it would be use full if we had a site that we could link to just for our screenshots

PS whats the frame rate like?
*GD*
Dysphoriac

Post by Dysphoriac »

Well thanks, the frame rate is actually quite good but it takes a while to compile. The level is a bit big but I don't have screenshots for anything else yet, because they aren't completely finished. But the screen is a fixed camera in the level and is placed on an archway. I'm not quite finished with the plot but it is going to be a Resident Evil style game but with an original non-Resi related plot and that was just kind of a level to get me started, I actually plan to remake it with gensurf (it was made before I discovered gensurf so It is kind of blocky.)
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

If you use Nems Mega Terrain Editor (it'S free)the landscapes will look even better. You can just 'draw' your terrain by highering and lowering points and then you can use a smooth function that makes the landscape look so much better/realisticer. It also has no restrictions in the number of tiles. And it has much more features.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----