Blender and Reality Factory

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
scott

Post by scott »

so basicly a promo of RF2?
*GD*
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

Not quite. You will be able to use existing models and actors in RF2. In Neoaxis you have to start over with models etc. the axes are all different ie z=up instead of y, so all models need to be rotated 90degrees this then throws out uv mapping and animations. There doesn't seem to be a way round it yet so the only useful thing is the mesh. You can't place dynamic geometry either except at 0,0,0 so it has to be remade and offset in your 3d modelling program. Although the engine is fantastic I for one don't want to be starting over so I prefer to wait for RF2.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

a guy on blenderartists told me:if you want it, look through the source yourself... or better yet, post working copies of each format and if they're text-based and relatively bug-free formats one of us will surely do it...

does anyone have the info about the format?
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

Pass them an NFO and KEY file. Just use 3DS Max and export a model to NFO and KEY. The formats are pretty self explanatory.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

will do as soon as i have time.
True story.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Summarizing: How one becomes to export of the Blender to the Reality Factory, without using “milkshape”, “truegene” or "Gmax"? It is possible? :?:

Excuse, my English is bad. :oops:
Voltare

Post by Voltare »

Not yet.We are trying to get another export option,besides truegene, gmax, and milkshape.....mainly, blender exporter.

This, actually, is so important to RF's immediate future( now till 2010, when RF2 comes out) that I may use 200$ of what I get in august from re-uping with the Guard to pay a coder to make that exporter.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

@paradox,you said 3ds max,i dont have that but i vaguely remember gmax having an export script...

also,wat does NFO and KEY have to do with MOT and BDY?
True story.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

also,wat does NFO and KEY have to do with MOT and BDY?
NFO and Key files are the 3ds Max body and motion files that are created when using the G3D 3ds Max exporter plugin. You can use Actor Studio to change these files in to an .ACT file. An .ACT file is just a virtual file system that contains .BDY and .MOT files so basically Actor Studio converts the NFO and KEY files in to BDY and MOT files then places them in to a virtual file system file.

Also, I would recommend modifying Actor Studio to accept and convert .X (DirectX) files. Blender exports .X files and they contain both body and motion information. The .X files are also in ASCII format so you can read the .X file's data if you open it in a text editor. This will also allow other programs that export .X files to be used to create actors. Also if you look in the DirectX SDK docs you can find the specifications for the .X files format.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

Yeah....what Allanon said... :)
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Voltare wrote:Not yet.We are trying to get another export option,besides truegene, gmax, and milkshape.....mainly, blender exporter.

This, actually, is so important to RF's immediate future( now till 2010, when RF2 comes out) that I may use 200$ of what I get in august from re-uping with the Guard to pay a coder to make that exporter.
It has some forecast of when goes to be ready blender exporter ?
It will be that some form does not exist to ask for for the creators of the Blender to create one export for RF? Perhaps they have conditions to make one, had only never thought about make it...
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

True story.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

If someone is using GMax, they can do this for you. The GMax scripts export NFO and KEY files.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

can sum1 do that pliz, cos i cant get the nfo and key script working.
True story.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

If someone exports an NFO and KEY file for me, I will work on a Python script for Blender. ;)