2 question,Mirrors...and ...Hollow Box

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
bluemagica

2 question,Mirrors...and ...Hollow Box

Post by bluemagica »

1)Ok i am a total novice.....i tried to make a mirror and it is not working. well it is kindof working...cause in third-person mode it shows everything perfectly.........but in first-person i can see everything in the mirror, except me or my weapons!
For making mirror i just set the face to mirror and transparency to 30! so where did i go wrong exactly? If you feel irritated, please dont scold me....i am only a novice, and if you need more info, just ask telling me how to get that info!

2)How do i scale the inner and outer parts of a hollow box separately.

PS: i am using rfedit, rf 7b.
The shortest route is always a better choice unless the other one is easier.

Free Webhosting, features like commercial hosters, no ads......come and join:
http://www.burningice-games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

i tried to make a mirror and it is not working. well it is kindof working...cause in third-person mode it shows everything perfectly.........but in first-person i can see everything in the mirror, except me or my weapons!
In your playersetup.ini there should be line 'mirror1st', which lets you decide whether to show the player or not in the mirrors while using the first person view. Just set it to true.

If you don't have the line, add it under the [Misc] section.

Code: Select all

mirror1st = true
How do i scale the inner and outer parts of a hollow box separately.
To my knowledge, you can't scale them that way. The wall thickness can't be changed after you enter a thickness for the walls and create the brush. At least I haven't found any way to do it.
Pain is only psychological.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

Juutis wrote:
i tried to make a mirror and it is not working. well it is kindof working...cause in third-person mode it shows everything perfectly.........but in first-person i can see everything in the mirror, except me or my weapons!
In your playersetup.ini there should be line 'mirror1st', which lets you decide whether to show the player or not in the mirrors while using the first person view. Just set it to true.

If you don't have the line, add it under the [Misc] section.

Code: Select all

mirror1st = true
How do i scale the inner and outer parts of a hollow box separately.
To my knowledge, you can't scale them that way. The wall thickness can't be changed after you enter a thickness for the walls and create the brush. At least I haven't found any way to do it.
theres a hull thinkness in brush attributes
Herp derp.