Howdy neighbors!

Discuss any other topics here
ZenBudha

Howdy neighbors!

Post by ZenBudha »

It's been a long time since I came around this neck of the woods. So whats new with RF from where I left off?

Also how has everyone been as I see a lot of familier people still online.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

ive been good, howza bout you?

new stuff...well there is a community release from Jay, with stuff like wind,and darkmaster923 has finished his demo.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
darksmaster923

Re: Howdy neighbors!

Post by darksmaster923 »

ZenBudha wrote:It's been a long time since I came around this neck of the woods. So whats new with RF from where I left off?

Also how has everyone been as I see a lot of familier people still online.
:O
its an old guy!!!!!!!!
LOL
guy named zany wrote:ve been good, howza bout you?

new stuff...well there is a community release from Jay, with stuff like wind,and darkmaster923 has finished his demo.
just to say its a buggy demo

hey zany u know him?
Herp derp.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

hey, nice to meet you. I'm newer than you, but it never hurts to have friends in the RF community.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

yes............ive seen ur old posts....nice unfinished games. they look cool.
yes............not many ppl left.........
yes.............yes.............
i like stealth bunnies.
Herp derp.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

hey zany u know him?
sorta, i know hes got really good scripts.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Hey, how have you been doing?
scott

Post by scott »

long time no see, how long has it been?
anyway this just a social visit or you looking to use RF again?
things new, well i would look here, an old member returned and asked the same not that long ago, take a look.

well.... erm.... i just spent 15 min looking for the post but cant find it, im sure there was one where i mentiond all the projects and latest goings on with RF ohh well

anyway theres RF2, expected relese date 2010
projects
the red button story by psyco
darkmaster has his onw project going
nirhis juutis's game
jays game (cant remember the neame :( and not in his thread title)
terra trooper by agent arrow
ur'cha (working title) by zany
destron also has a game project going aswel.
i belive thats it for projects

Reality factory itself
well by the sounds of things QoD has been working hard, dx9 coming soon (great for those graphics cards) and i do belive also a new eidtor that uses the updated engine and i belive he was expecting it out around the new year

Jay has added some new features now RF is compilable with free programming programs, some are really cool.

i think thats it, i hope i havnt missed anything out, if i did sorry
*GD*
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Thanks for mentioning me scott, but my team and I are going to sit down on sep, 4th and really decide what game we're gonna work on. As you may know, we have a lot of projects and will soon be working on one project, but I hope it's still Terra Trooper. We've had a couple fights and some of us want to break off. (Deane and Jordan were gone weeks ago.) I may end up one of very few Agentarrow members. Anyway, you missed one project, it's by my team member scorch. It's called Project: Domination. And we'll eventually try to post our starting demo. However, if we post it, it is copywrited and you will not be able to share the file with anyone outside the RF community. Not your neighbor, sister, brother, mom. anyway. I'm starting to ramble. So I'll stop now
AgentArrow Home
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Hey! Its ZenBudha! I haven't seen you around here in a long time. Good to see you stop by! These forums have been a little less active comparing to days of old(way old). Many new faces are here and a great community still resides.

How have you been doing?

I see my game project was missed in the list of works but no hard feelings, I haven't worked on it lately and haven't really made my project be known on the forums in about a year so yeah... I haven't posted about it in a while too. I need to get working on that... :lol: My project(Black Surge) is going to be exclusively for RF2. I have so many plans for it that the current RF wouldn't be able to handle it. Anyhow... I think I'll work on my game project and update my thread soon. (I think its on page two of the general discussions now)
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
GD1

Post by GD1 »

Hey Zen, how u doing?

I've been AFK for awhile doing real-life stuff. but i'm making progress with ALONE still. I miss RF :'(
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

It's just a social visit as I'm too tied up to work on any projects at the moment. I miss the good old days when I could spend an entire day just playing around with textures on a level.

Anyway it's good to see old faces around. I was just bored taking a break surfing around and said "I wonder whats been going on with RF, and everybody over there." I think it's been a year or so since I last posted on here.

Anyway I might poke around a little and crank up the old 3D modeler for a spin and see what happens. Who knows maybe now after a long break my mind might be fresh enough to not collapse in on itself when I try think of something different, and new to do.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

ZenBudha wrote: Who knows maybe now after a long break my mind might be fresh enough to not collapse in on itself when I try think of something different, and new to do.
probably not
im so supportive!
Herp derp.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

you never know. I deleted my files and let my project sit for a few weeks, and now it's ten times the game it was before. You might get something much better.
I'm supportive
AgentArrow Home
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

I've been working on my game project for 3 years now, and its only gotten better! That is design wise, I haven't gotten any computer art to back my project up yet, but I am doing everything on paper first. And the years of 3D practice will help me make more professional art when the time comes, although I'm rusty now because I haven't really 3D modeled in about a year :( !

Oh yeah, btw, I'm on revision number 3(or is it 4?) of my games story/plot and list of features. So, ideas better with age in my opinion.
I think you'll be able to get creativity back.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.