ok i have a question on models and triggers

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
steven8

Post by steven8 »

did you get the rf062 demo with the elevator? That is from a very old version of RF. I believe it is available for the old versions section, or just extract the html explanation file to a folder and open it in a browser. It has explanations of everything, including how to set up the triggers and logic gates for a two way elevator:

Here is the text:
Two-Way Elevators

Used in: Elevator.3dt

What happens: You step on the elevator, collide with the button, you go up a floor and stop. Collide with the top button, you go down again. The button triggers are set to 'shoot only', try shooting them, what the heck.

The elevator uses a Logic Gate of Type 3 'OR', plus 2 events inserted into the elevator models' animation,

's (for sound) electrobeep.wav'. Strangely, the sound never beeps. You can step through the model animation to see where to put the events so they'll 'Run to Next Event' as the Moving Platform Entity says.

The LogicGate002's szentityname is elevor, forget why, but you enter 'elevor' in the TriggerName of the moving platform002.

Set MovingPlatform002 "NoCollide" to "True" so you'll have to use the buttons to operate it.

Then make a couple of Triggers, give them szentitynames of 'elevtrigbottom1' and 'elevtrigtop1', then enter these names in the LogicGate002's TriggerNames area.

For the horizontal moving platform example, grab the rocket launcher and the ammo, jump on the big brush, shoot the little brush. When you get to the 1/2 way point, shoot the return trigger. There's also a Screen Shake trigger near the Ernies. Somehow this gets triggered when the level starts.
But the picture which goes with it is good. it shows the entity property windows.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok here is some screen shots of what i did i have videos but i cant post them here it wont let me im still having problems with the elevator it stops in the middle of the run up or it sometimes freezes on me i have no idea what is going on but if someone can help me out it would be very much appreciated

ok for some reason the forum will not let me upload my pictures so i made a web site that i will put them on and you can check them out there plus there will be some videos of the elevator there to

this is my site please give me 20mins to get everything uploaded to it thank you

http://www.freewebs.com/bradford789
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok the site is up and running the images are under myimages sorry for the mess up i cant upload the videos they wont let me so im in the process of finding a different web provider at the moment that allows me to post videos
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

srry forgot to do his b4.must be getting old or something. perhaps use freewebs for videos?i actually use it for file hosting too, using links to files, which is sorta cheating.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

i have a freewebs website it wont let me upload any videos so im looking for a new provider thanks for the reply and im glad i got Rf it is a very cool program
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

:oops: :oops: i see it now :oops: :oops: :oops:

y doesnt it let you upload vids?i thought it did.
True story.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

well if it does then it takes to long i waited for over 15 mins for it to upload on video which is only 38 seconds long i have verizion fios so i no it not my connection
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

i just had a look at my free webs to see, i think it might not let vids be uploaded other than as files to dl off the site, but not viewed on site.
True story.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

I'm not sure why it's freezing on you, but that level looks really good, bradford! You say it freezes 'sometime', or stops 'sometimes'? Sometimes it works as hoped for?
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

its when im on the platform it stops in the middle of the level and i have to shot the trigger again to get it to move its driving me nuts i dont understand why it is doing it i have videos of it but i cant get them on my website to show you
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok i found out why the video is not uploading it is way to big to upload im using fraps to record my ingame shots they are over 200mb each so i cant get them on my website

do you know of any other programs that i can use to record my ingame movies but not save them as such large files

the longest video is only 28 seconds long so it should not be that high in mb
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Okay, I am looking at the manual against the screens of your platform entity, The TimeOn for the trigger is 5. How long is the animation for your elevator? the trigger shuts back down after 5 seconds. You have to activate it again.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

the animation last for 14 seconds for the wav file i have attached to it
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Then set your trigger to on for 14. See if that works.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

i tried that it is even worse that way the game actual froze on me then i tried it again and i fell out the back of the elevator in to the black

every thing is solid walls so this should not be happening.

I just dont understand what is going on i have been trying to figure this out for that last 10 hours strait and im getting tired of thinking