ok i have a question on models and triggers

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
steven8

Post by steven8 »

:? Hmm. I'd say you definitely need to break for the night and try again fresh tomorrow. Changing the length of time a trigger is on shouldn't cause your game to freeze or your player to fall out of the level. Unless it is now going to the top, and your player bounding box is colliding with the geometry?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

im just going to get ride of the the triggers and try another idea i have to make them go to different levels this new idea just came to me and should work with out a problem thanks for the help i will post the results once i get them built and tested
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Terrific. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Keep us posted!
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

will do talk to you later
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

i have one question how do i make a signal that tells people when the elevator is on their floor
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Oh boy. I would guess that you need to use events to set off a trigger which would activate an entity giving some kind of alarm. I used a change texture entity back in one level, which changed buttons fro ma yellow texture to red texture when triggered. I just don't know the mechanics of how to do this. As I said, I am way out of touch. :(