Favorite Gaming Moments?

Discuss any other topics here
Destron

Favorite Gaming Moments?

Post by Destron »

So what are your prized moments that you've had while playing a video/computer game?
They can be funny, cool, or downright weird if you like :P

My alltime fave:

Half-Life 2: Train Bridge.
I love the part in HL2 when you're underneath the bridge on all the beams and structures, and the train runs over the bridge and it all starts rattling... and then the creepy music starts up.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

The first time I was playing Quake II alone in the dark after everyone went to bed, and that big guy runs out from behind a wall and yells something as he attacks. Scared me so bad my hand and the mouse flew out and hit the door of the computer cabinet. Scared the piss out of me! Ah. . .good times. :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
ericssin

Post by ericssin »

greetings from Bolivia everyone!!! :D :D

I have to say that when I could finally defeat the final boss in prehistoric2, I spent so many sleep hours trying to finish that game that it was a satisfaying experience, it used to drive me mad to get at the final stage with about 20 lives and loose them all before getting close to the boss.
Destron

Post by Destron »

steven8 wrote:Scared me so bad my hand and the mouse flew out and hit the door of the computer cabinet. Scared the piss out of me! Ah. . .good times. :D
:D :lol:
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

My favourite moment must be when I finished Super Mario Bros 3 for the first time as a kid. It was the first time ever I finished a game. I remember I was shaking and all excited while watching the ending screens. Those were the days.
Pain is only psychological.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Juutis wrote:My favourite moment must be when I finished Super Mario Bros 3 for the first time as a kid. It was the first time ever I finished a game. I remember I was shaking and all excited while watching the ending screens. Those were the days.
My wife and I were the same way when we finally completed Super Mario 64. It was great! :D
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

My favourite moment was just the beginning of Half-Life 1. I had never seen anything like it before.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

My current favorite moment was from a recent multiplayer match in Halo 2 for the PC.

It was capture the flag on Sanctuary(8 vs 8 I think) and I took a sniper rifle and singlehandedly ran across the map killing every member on the enemy team in ranged and close combat(All with the sniper rifle, I was "no-scoping" and using melee attacks for close range). The best part was that three of the other team memebers came flying up twords their flag in a warthog to stop me. They all jumped out and with 4 sniper shots I killed all 3 of them. Then I grabbed their flag and killed one of the other team with it as they respawned and started to run back to my base. Unfortunately, I died shortly after beating the guy down with his own flag. But that was so great to have wiped out their entire team! I amazed myself with that stunt :D !
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

I'd have to say my first favorite moment was beating Resident Evil 4 for the first time. To fight Sadler in his monster form was just awesome and fighting Salazar was a real challenge also. RE4 is probably the most perfectly designed game there is.

Second would be playing Silent Hill 2. That game just creeps me out. Play the game in complete darkness with surround sound and you'll see why. :)

Third would be playing the original Alone in the Dark. Not so great in the graphics department by today's standards, but definitely the starting point for all survival horror games.

Finally, the original Resident Evil. When the dogs jump through the window scared the living daylights out of me the first time I played it.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

when i saw the chickens in cs 1,5
Herp derp.
Agentarrow

Oooh, tough one...

Post by Agentarrow »

Well, I have a few, most are before/after a boss fight in the metroid prime trilogy.
Best: When you are fighting RUndas, one of your allies, corrupted by your archfoe, dark samus. It starts out as a fight against a dropship of space pirates, and just when you think it's over, this creepy music plays, then the middle of the arena erupts with ice and rundas leaps out of the middle, He crouches in an atttack form and you can see a shadow of his corrupted self. Then after the fight, He goes to kill you, but is so disoriented and injured, he accidentally impales himself on a giant icecicle.

Another is on the GFS Olympus. You're in the briefing room, when suddenly the commander stops, the entire ship goes into code red from an enemy attack. The commander throws down his fist "Damn! they'r targeting the planetary defense systems! all the other people run out of the room, and as you leave, it shows a view outside the bridge, suddenly, the ship nearest the Olympus is hit by a huge red beam. There is a huge explosion, as the ship splits in half. And as you get down to your ship, the scene outside looks like the battle at the beginning of Star Wars Episode III, and when you finally get to the hangar bay, a soldier is thrown from the second story window, and as you go to see if he survived, a huge berserker lord leaps out and begins to stalk you across the bridge. After you fight it, it stumbles off the platform, where it drifts into the vacuum of space, where it is hit by a fighter and both explode. After that, you fly down to the planet Norion , There is an even bigger battle, and the story soon unveils that a huge leviathin phazon seed is hurtling towards the planet, and it'll kill all the soldiers if you don't destroy it.

the third is the beginning of metroid prime. The space station is like a horror themed game and was very original when it first came out.

AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

the thing I hate, is that these pics don't do the graphics any justice. (except the first one, the gamecube had bad graphics)
AgentArrow Home
steven8

Post by steven8 »

My boys just got Metroid Prime for the gamecube last month. It sure is a pretty game!
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Its very original, But I like Metroid prime corruption better. It's like a full scale war that just keeps going. If you ever get a wii, there are three games I deeply recommend. I gave these games a 10.
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Party 8

Metroid and zelda are teen and pretty violent, and metroid swears a few times, but you're the paarent. You know whats good for your kids. Mario party 8 is good fun for he whole family. Even my parents get a kick out of it. Another good game is super paper mario. It is really good, but way too easy and way too short. I liked it otherwise. If you like call of duty games, I don't like 3. It seems rushed, as if a group of people was told "here's a storyline for a game, see you in a month, I expect it done" It was terrible in my views. Elebits, was also a bad game.

Btw, how old are your boys?
AgentArrow Home
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Agentarrow wrote:Its very original, But I like Metroid prime corruption better. It's like a full scale war that just keeps going. If you ever get a wii, there are three games I deeply recommend. I gave these games a 10.
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Party 8

Metroid and zelda are teen and pretty violent, and metroid swears a few times, but you're the paarent. You know whats good for your kids. Mario party 8 is good fun for he whole family. Even my parents get a kick out of it. Another good game is super paper mario. It is really good, but way too easy and way too short. I liked it otherwise. If you like call of duty games, I don't like 3. It seems rushed, as if a group of people was told "here's a storyline for a game, see you in a month, I expect it done" It was terrible in my views. Elebits, was also a bad game.

Btw, how old are your boys?
What a coincedence, Santa Claus was kind enough to drop a Wii at our house last Christmas. : - ) We have Twilight Princess, and Mario Party 8. Is 6 better? I really like 8. Gotta get Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, though. As I said, it's pretty and very cool!!