about cameras and in game screens

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
bradford789

about cameras and in game screens

Post by bradford789 »

ok what i want to do is put security cameras in my game but i want the video feed to be put up on a screen in another room plus i would like to make the cameras move with the player or pawn in the game

is this possible to do with this game engine

thanks in advance for your help
steven8

Re: about cameras and in game screens

Post by steven8 »

bradford789 wrote:ok what i want to do is put security cameras in my game but i want the video feed to be put up on a screen in another room plus i would like to make the cameras move with the player or pawn in the game

is this possible to do with this game engine

thanks in advance for your help
I'm not sure you can do the security camera idea, but do you mean 3rd person style camera, on the other idea? RF does that.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok can you suggest a game engine that will allow me to do what i want it to do if i cant do this with RF then my game idea is shot and all my planing for the last year is for nothing
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok this is getting very tiring can someone suggest to me a game engine that offers a full version tryout with the option of paying to publish the game that is made

the price must be under $10,000 im not paying more than that and it must have a full-version to where i can build the game with out having to pay but if i want to sell then i must pay

any help would be very helpful thank you in advance for your help
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

ok i said free full-version not something i have to pay for just to try im not going to waist money on something that i wont like

and not on a timed trial either that does not give me enough time to test every aspect of the game engine
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

It has a fully functional demo. You just don't get documentation. If you have $10,000 what is $150 to spend?
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

would you spend 150 dollars on something then find out that it was a waste of money

and i said i want a game engine that is full-version with the option of paying to sell final product not to pay to use the engine and it would cost me $1495.00 if i wanted to buy it but i dont want to buy it i want to develop the game first then if i want to i will by the license and sell the game but im not going to spend that kind of money just to find out it was a wast of time
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

and 30 days is not long enough to test out all the functions of a game engine that takes at least a 6-12 months to understand most of the program and what it can do and what it cant do
steven8

Post by steven8 »

http://www.beyondvirtual.com

They have fully functional free version which doesn't time out, but will not create an executable.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

thank you steven8 i have been looking at that program but at the moment it seems there website is on the fritz so i will check it out later do you have any other suggestions besides BV that i could check out
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

Herp derp.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

darksmaster923 wrote:mr panda3d
http://panda3d.org
Hey, that's right. And Panda3D was used by Disney for their online toontown, so it's been proven at the professional level as well.
bradford789

Post by bradford789 »

thank you all for the advice i downloaded both programs and i like BV more i am capable of making my elevators and my security camera system so that is a very big plus

I like to where it does not compile all the time and i can switch from the game to the editor with a click of the key board it is a very good program so thank you all again and if i every need help i know where to go to ask for help see you all

I will keep you posted on the development of my game
steven8

Post by steven8 »

bradford789 wrote:thank you all for the advice i downloaded both programs and i like BV more i am capable of making my elevators and my security camera system so that is a very big plus

I like to where it does not compile all the time and i can switch from the game to the editor with a click of the key board it is a very good program so thank you all again and if i every need help i know where to go to ask for help see you all

I will keep you posted on the development of my game
That's terrific, bradford. Best of luck to you. If, you'll notice, BV is headed up by The Gekido Design Group. Gekido formerly being the lead promoter of RF.