virigils animation

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
scott

virigils animation

Post by scott »

i am trying to get virgils bones however milkshape now doesnt successfuly decompile virigil, it creats a .bdy file and when you open it, milkshape crashes i have tried actor decompile how ever this has not exported the bones, i can export the mesh as a .msh file and the animations as .mot files but no .bdy file, when you tell it to export the bones on their own it dont do anything (to my knowledege) i am trying to rig up agentarrows character with virgils skeleton if i can get it to look good, however i need his bones first.
*GD*
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

download the UniversalHuman package. It does not only contain the UniversalHuman and its media, but also a file called Virg007.ms3d. This is virgil, but with other textures (so he looks like Bond).

btw i used this model as the base model for male characters in my game.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

The problem is milkshape decompiles ok but it doesn't import .bdy files of any description even the ones it makes itself and as far as I am aware it never has done.
:roll: I've explained how to do this before, see this thread:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... php?t=2415
I use universal human characters with virgils animations for all my stuff. You have to re-rig the model using virgils bones but it's worth the effort.
scott

Post by scott »

i missed your second post, bernie, i read the one lower when i searched for this as i can remember it being discussed, however i will try the download and then lithunwrap.

thanks for the help guys.
*GD*
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

Yes I did post somewhere else recently but I cant find it. The model will be rotated 90deg when you get it in milkshape from lithunwrap, so when you have re rigged it you have to reallign it. You can't move the rigged model in milkshape or the animations go haywire.
The answer is as follows:
1 save as .bdy
2 load into lithunwrap
3 save as .ms3d
4 load back into milkshape
5 repeat 1 - 4 until the base of the model is at the axes in milkshape. (virgil skeleton faces down and to the right with feet at the axes to be correct)
6 save as .bdy and compile to .act

I hope I made that clear enough I'm not too good at explanations.

The .bdy importer is that it is a 3rd party application that has been incorperated in MS so getting it fixed is a problem. As far back as I can remember it has never worked. Fortunately the exporter works or we would be in deep do-do.
3didy

Post by 3didy »

Hi
i'm still new to Rf
May i ask where i can dload the UniversalHuman package?is it for RF only?
i searched google with no good topics found
thnx
vrageprogrammer

Post by vrageprogrammer »

Rf Filefront site,
Search for filefront on this site.
It was not Possible to determine the dimensions of the image....
steven8

Post by steven8 »

http://hosted.filefront.com/realityfactory/1506796 - Universal Human. Bookmark the filefront page, and there is no more hunting after that!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow »

Sorry for opening an old topic, but that was for Zeth right?
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...
scott

Post by scott »

indeed, however the .act file had the animations already added, the same names as the .mot's so i should imagine you could just change the name of the .act to virgil and it will load your model instead. to do it properly you will need to change some scriptst to which file it loads the actor from, unless its in the player setup entity.
*GD*