Have you seen the "Indigo Prophecy" demo?

Discuss any other topics here
TippingRock

Have you seen the "Indigo Prophecy" demo?

Post by TippingRock »

Some really cool ideas here:

http://www.atari.com/indigo/

Really short demo, but SO much neat stuff going on it'll drive you crazy.

Hope this title heralds the rebirth of the adventure gaming genre!
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

DAMN! :D

there's another sweet game for the pre-order list, that game looked a cross between Res evil and matrix,

the characters (pre-renders) on the main page looked a bit spoony, sort of like thunderbirds, glad that the in game is not like that, looked very impressive.....
that game looks sweet! will be getting definetly, the story seem like it has a bit'uv depth as well

thanks for pointing this title out!

the other game im getting is shadow of the collussus when that comes out it's about fighting giants and they can take over an hour of playtime to defeat...

Post by Guest »

Yeah, that game looks amazing as well (and as a follow-up to Ico, you couldn't ask for a better pedigree!)
Lost

Post by Lost »

:( Its a 330 meg download

Nice intro But I got graphic glitches while playing the demo did you get that also? flashing screens etc

Besides that its awesome :)
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

I must say I jut got the game today and WOW! It's truly unique as I don't think I've ever played a game quite like it.

I don't want to spoil the WOW for anyone else who gets it either so thats all I will say. First game in a long while that I have been truly impressed by in a non-graphical way.

So far story, sound, interaction, etc. Are just awesome. Graphics are good but not really what I would expect from a game such as this. I mean when action sequences involve pressing keys. There's no reason you can't cram a little more detail into the engine.

Out of 10 I'd say I give it a 10 for everything but a 7 for graphics. Not bad and not great, but good.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

Well i rented this out last week for the PS2,

Man im so getting this, it really imerse's you,

i almost missed this title, as it is not called indgo prophecy, apparently renamed to farreinheit for our country.

*Mini Review*

i will have to say this game is a game that grabbed my attention and would not let go, everytime i wantedto do something else than play the game the story would throw something at me that made me play for an extra 1/2 hour to hour......
what makes this game so great is it's cinematic nature,
it has sections like the TV series 24, where you have to do something, say go to a location and hide an object, and it will have someone else going to the location you're in, displayed in split screen, it really builds suspense, also it has sections like the original dragon's lair where you have to get the right sequence of buttons or you fail, what this does is increase your fear, it's hard to say, but i know during these sections it got the heart rate up and made me freak out a fair bit.

also in sections where the player is forced to lift something heavy or if the character has to struggle in some way or another, button mashing of the shoulder buttons on the dualshock came into play, this is very unique in a ps2 game considering they usually get you to press the face buttons, let me assure you, you'll be very tired after mashing the sholder buttons harder than it sounds.

the story is beautiful and plays out like a hollywood block buster, you play as a murderer who unwittingly kills someone in a trance like state, when he awakes from his trance finds the act in which he has commited, to throw a twist to this you play as two other characters which are the dectectives solving the murder, the story is not linear either you can choose which paths to take which will unfold the game very differently, in one senario the player has a choice to run from the local police or save a drowning child, the game a actions later on down the path which will unfold in the actions you choose changing the game dramatically.

all in all i was overly impressed by this title on the PS2, and will be buying this .....(once i get a bit of hard cold cash)

i can't recommend this enough, 10/10!