RF Crashes when I Compile

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Angelus1818

RF Crashes when I Compile

Post by Angelus1818 »

Hello All!!!

I want to let you know how much I love Reality Factory. I recommend it to everyone I know. However I am having trouble with it. I made a simple room just to test it out before nI plumit into making my game and when I compiled it and ran it through reality factory it crashes every time. Is this a bug or what? If you know a fix please let me know as I want to get started. Thank you for your time and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Allanon

Re: RF Crashes when I Compile

Post by Allanon »

It's been posted that the "View With Engine" button in the editor does not work. Try compiling the level and selecting the "Preview in Reality Factory" box at the bottom of the Compile Manager dialog box.

If that doesn't solve your problem then I would suggest trying to compile and run one of the provided levels, this will help rule out the possibility that you made an invalid level. If you still get errors please post more information about the problem.
Angelus1818

Post by Angelus1818 »

Hey Allanon,

Thanks for the Response, I actually have been checking the box "Preview in Reality Factory" so I have no Idea what is wrong here. Are you supposed to save the level before you compile it? I know it's that way with 3D Game Studio...And where are these pre-made levels I can test?

Thanks again, bye!
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Angelus1818 wrote:...And where are these pre-made levels I can test?
Look in the \RealityFactory\media\levels folder for the pre-made levels.
bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie »

Welcome to the forum.

Go here: http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... umentation
Download Dan Valeo's book and read it.
Go to this thread and read through it: http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... ?f=5&t=157
Angelus1818

Post by Angelus1818 »

hey bernie,

I have downloaded the book and thank you for linking me to it. I have heard about it but never got around to it. Also Allanon when I tried to run a pre-compiled level I got a crap load of errors all different each time I tried. I will give a more in-depth explanation later today or whenever I have the time really. Thanks for your help and I look forward to making some games!