Bus Problem

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
Angelus1818

Bus Problem

Post by Angelus1818 »

Hello again!

First off I am very sorry that I never came back to finish my question about RF crashing when I compile. For those of you that where helping me the problem was that I was not saving g before compiling my level is all lol can't believe I forgot that. I did know that. Anyway that's not why I'm writing to you all. Beware this might sound off topic at first!

I have never Played Half-Life 2 until now and must say it is probably my favorite FPS game EVER as of writing. I have not beaten it yet but I just love it. Best gameplay in a FPS I've ever seen. Anyway It got me to thinking...I want to make a game equal to it in RF. Now I am realistic. I won't have those blazing good graphics but if I remember correctly RF has Newton GameDs right? That will work for picking stuff up and throwing it. Also even Valve source you don't have footstep noises it doesn't even look like your walking really just sorda gliding along. So think it will be alright to use RF. But here is what I want to do.

I basically want to make a freeware alternative to Half-Life. I don't know if it's been done yet...I'm sure it will be though, anyway. I want to start the player on a bus (Sorta like how you start on a train) so I wanted to get your guys opinions on the best way to go about building the inside of a bus. I will have it moving and want the player to be able to see out the window and see the world go bye wile they move around, can I do that even? Or should I just have frosted glass windows or something? (I have a frosted glass texture)

Also I want to make the game almost 100% weaponless. so can I have triggers like where if I approach a "Guard" once he hits me softly then I approach again he hits me harder then again he knocks me out? You know so that you have to stay on you toes :D

Anyway please say your thoughts on the best way to make a half life clone. Rember I will make it freeware. And in a generall sennce it will be nothing like half life. I'm not going to steal the plot or anything lol.

Thanks a bunch and I' look forward to hearing from you!
GMer

Re: Bus Problem

Post by GMer »

For the bus you can create a model (in RF edit) and assign it a route, thus making a moving bus!

For the guard you make a scripted player. If the you are within "X" textels of the guard he will fire a projectile with a life of 1 second, and will make a hitting animation, thus giving the apearence of a melee attack.

I think that is how it would work, I don't have the manual with me (and I really need to use the bathroom right now!), Good luck with your awesome freeware game, can't wait to see it! :D
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56
Angelus1818

Re: Bus Problem

Post by Angelus1818 »

Wow, someone actually responded finally! Thanks! I will use your tips and actually might use 3D Game Studio instead RF....You know for more eye candy...thanks again!