Full Action Is Back with new concept!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
metal_head

Full Action Is Back with new concept!

Post by metal_head »

Remember the minigame project I was working some time ago? Well if you don't, here's the old thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4099 I stopped working on it, cuz I didn't have enough skills and stuff, but now I'm back, on that project (while I'm resting from doing MF) with a whole new concept. It won't be a top down view shooter anymore! Say Hello to Full Action - A sidescroller jump'n'run action!
So what is changed?
The game will have a small story and you're not just gonna run arround in a not-well textured map (as it was before :D ) and kill enemies just for fun.
The aiming system is still the same - you gotta crosshair, and the player shoots wherever you point with it.
The player - I started scripting my own, don't laugh, in the past few weeks, I learned a lot of things (I'll keep the teacher's name in secret, cuz I don't know if he want's his name to be told, though you might have already guessed who is he :D ).

So there will be three different players - a guy and two girls, they will all have super powers (like double jumping, magic and stuff). I've already done some things like "Aircharging" - when you jump in the air and than press the jump button again, the player accelerates in the air, leaving ghost trails behind him and causing everyone near him to die.
I've also learned animating, so the animations in the game will be done by me :)

The story:
I haven't worked on it yet and I may keep it in secret :)

And now a little screen from my two-day work:
zany_001

Re: Full Action Is Back with new concept!

Post by zany_001 »

Sounds and looks good! The sidescrolling sounds cool, it will be interesting seeing how that turns out.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

SICK! How'd you get the motion blur?
Herp derp.
metal_head

Post by metal_head »

Thanks guys!

I hacked the source! No, just kidding, it's not an actual motion blur, it's just a spray effect with a phoshop edited image, nothing more :)

Here's another one, that's the aircharge ability I was talking about earlier (the other scren has motion blur, cuz the player is sprinting)

I started the script from scratch, and I have a little problem with the animations right now, but I'll fix it :)
Matte

Post by Matte »

Nice job! What modeling tool are u using?
SV2.0

Post by SV2.0 »

Sweet, man. I'll be very interested to see where you take this. My current project is a side-scroller as well. I'm not using a scripted player, though. I just messed with the INIs until it worked. Not smart enough for scripting.