third person animations

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
cyberwolf

third person animations

Post by cyberwolf »

I am using a virgil based actor which works fine in 1-st person.
The third person movements dont work however, the weapon stayes in it's place while the virgil moves.
Does anyone know a solution to this.

Thanks.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

third person weapons must have the same skeleton as the actor they are used on; dont know if you knew this.
cyberwolf

third person actor animations

Post by cyberwolf »

Thanks for the tip, I know this actor has three animations but they might differ from what virgil does. What's strange is that in 1-st person they work, but no movement at all in third person.
I'll do a check with Ernie.act. I know that the weopons i'm using like the old chaingun, should work with him.
SV2.0

Post by SV2.0 »

3rd person weapons don't need their own animations. They mimic the animations of the player actor. Because of this, Your Virgil will need gun animations for walking, runnung, jumping, etc. Its a bit of a pain...

Post by Guest »

none of my third person weapons have animations but they do have the same skeleton as my actor and i have never had any problem with them.
GD1

Post by GD1 »

you have to include the weapon animations for 3rd person weapons in the player actor, not the weapon actor. and then you have to define them in weapon.ini

The reason first person weapons animate and thrid person ones dont is that they are part of two completely seperate systems. you use a different actor for first person and a different actor for third. In this case it appears that the 1st person is set up correctly, but not the 3rd person.

See the docs for more info on how to get this working.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox