My new firetruck thread

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
Jim

My new firetruck thread

Post by Jim »

Well, I have a little bit of an update on my firetruck, not much, but I decided to make a new thread since someone else is using my old one for his model.

Still need to create the tires/wheels, door handles, and a couple of pump controls... then its off to lithunwrap and paintshop pro
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

absolutely gorgeous... keep up the amazing work! :)

imagine that textured, with sphere-mapped windows...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Can you elaborate on the sphere mapped window thing, not sure what that means... and I wasn't sure what to do with them since I didnt model the inside, and thanks for the compliment :)
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

look at the rflogo.act i believe it is in rf for details, its just a matter of applying a certain texture, i dont know if torque can do it, i imagine it would be... it basically makes things shiny, to oversimplify. i thought it would be good with black and white, so it looked like a firetruck with tinted windows that were reflective. (seeing inside the cab would likely introducen too much detail)

Post by Guest »

Oh ok, kind of like enviroment mapping in lithtech...

I don't really know too many techniques for anything, I just recently learned how to unwrap.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Well, no update on the model yet, well, I made the door handles... but I decided hey, lets see how we get this in the engine... so I looked it up and added all my nodes... the cameras im very happy with, but well... the steering is on the rear and the truck drives backwards... oh and I need to adjust the mass... its kinda unstable... LoL enjoy the pic...

Jim

Post by Jim »

Kamazy

Post by Kamazy »

Sorry about that.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

looks great, cant wait to see it textured...

kind of amusing that you made an emergency vehicle and it keeps tipping over :P

Post by Guest »

Kamazy wrote:Sorry about that.
hey no problem
kind of amusing that you made an emergency vehicle and it keeps tipping over
yeah, no kidding... The picture mounted behind the beacon light, thats one of the camera angles I made, it was interesting rolling sideways down a hill in that view...

I cant wait to get it textured either.... i just need to add about 6 pump valves, then I'll get to skinning, the wheels come last cause that engine uses the wheels as a sepereate file and then mounts them where I put the bones...