Camera Glitch (Solved)

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
steven8

Camera Glitch (Solved)

Post by steven8 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 am

I've discovered an unusual glitch, and I can't find a way around it. I have a level where I want Pumpkin Jones to be scaled down. Less than half size, although I've tried other reduced sizes as well. Anyway, when I run the level straight, it goes fine, but when we level change from regular size actor to reduced size actor, the camera starts out sitting on top of his head. Move back and forth a bit, the camera drops down to where it is supposed to be, and follows along just fine. I tried tweaking every setting in the camera.ini file as well as the playersetup entity, with no success. I tried scaling up the level as well, but Pumpkin Jones scales up as well. No improvement. I'll be working on it this weekend, and any idea will be greatly appreciated.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

steven8

Re: Camera Glitch (Solved)

Post by steven8 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 am

Okay, I couldn't outsmart the camera glitch, but I solved the problem anyway. I simply made a smaller version of Pumpkin Jones, and used that actor in the level where he is small. Voila!

8)

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Long time ago i added a giantish player in the character selection and the camera height had trouble when i enlarged the player through the ini.
The height and distance of camera from the player did not have trouble keeping the right distance when i re exported the base actor with scaled up biped to the desired size from the beggining.
I guess you knew all that already but i mention it anyway.

And that is a good retro 3rd person scene you have,if you have somewhere hosted screenshots of it or facebook or blog i missed it.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 am

Veleran wrote:Long time ago i added a giantish player in the character selection and the camera height had trouble when i enlarged the player through the ini.
The height and distance of camera from the player did not have trouble keeping the right distance when i re exported the base actor with scaled up biped to the desired size from the beggining.
I guess you knew all that already but i mention it anyway.

And that is a good retro 3rd person scene you have,if you have somewhere hosted screenshots of it or facebook or blog i missed it.
Thanks Veleran. I just posted new screens in the main game thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&p=41661#p41661