About New Release Of RealityFactory Engine

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
mustafaatall

About New Release Of RealityFactory Engine

Post by mustafaatall »

Can any body tell me ,when will be released the new virsion of realityFactory Engine :?:
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

There will be an update sometime this week, probably friday...
I'm currently testing the new features and updating the docs
A full install will follow ~1 week later
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Any tweaking of the d3d driver for compatibility with nvidia card drivers?
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

probably not... since I can't reproduce the error on my video cards it is pretty difficult to figure out what's going wrong... sorry :?
steven8

Post by steven8 »

I am running the newest forceware river 81.95 from the nvidia website. My old stuff from RF067 runs okay, and I know the driver has changed substantially since then. I just hate running in opengl. I know programmers seem to love it, but it just doesn't do certain things in RF.

I don't want to open the windows vista opengl can of worms.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

steven8 the 2nd wrote:I am running the newest forceware river 81.95 from the nvidia website. My old stuff from RF067 runs okay, and I know the driver has changed substantially since then. I just hate running in opengl. I know programmers seem to love it, but it just doesn't do certain things in RF.
note that it isnt limitations in opengl, there just is more time spent on rf's directx driver than it's opengl one.
steven8 the 2nd wrote:I don't want to open the windows vista opengl can of worms
there isnt really any difference between xp ogl support and vista ogl support - niether os supports opengl very well, but the driver manufacturers make up for that and add support at the driver level instead, so its not really anything to be alarmed about. vista one way or another will support opengl 2.0.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Oh yes, I agree totally. That's why I didn't want to really open it up. I believe it is truly a tempest in a teapot.

I know it's not opengl itself that is the problem. I know it's in the RF driver, that's why I want so badly for d3d to work.

QOD has enough on his plate and I appreciate everything he does. He is the Ralph Deane/Gekido of today!!
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

My old stuff from RF067 runs okay, and I know the driver has changed substantially since then.
hmm... there wasn't any RF067... what's the date of the newest DX7 driver that works for you?
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Well, I may have been thinking 067, but it may have been 068. Did we jump from 063D or whatever straight to 068?

Nevermind, I completed my demo back in 2003. I'll check the date when I get home from work.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

2/10/2003. Just d3ddrv.dll - not a dx7 driver.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

**Update**

I uninstalled 072A, and re-installed 070, which I found on an old disk of mine. I ran in 1024 x 768 with the faster driver at 32 bit. It ran just fine.
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

Update on the release date:
During testing I've discovered some nasty bugs in some of the new features, so I wasn't able to release the new version. I hope they are fixed by tomorrow... sorry to keep you waiting :(
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

Quest, did you have any luck with the vfs encryption?