looking for a screen saver a tool

Discuss any other topics here
Silverwing

looking for a screen saver a tool

Post by Silverwing »

does anyone know where I can find a screensaver tool that allows you to make a screen saver with your actors?
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

with reality factory actors? no, youd have to program it yourself. there are many screensaver making programs out there, the most flexible of which is a c++ compiler combined with a 3d engine.
Silverwing

Post by Silverwing »

ah well.... it would be very cool if there was one. too bad I dont know C++
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

are you only looking for one that displays a given actor spinning, or...?
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

This is a good idea though i may never want to leave my screensaver again. What about making one from a windows media player video. I would like to see the intro to warhammer40k dawn of war and killzone 2 trailer every time i dont feel like doing schoolwork.

though couldnt you have scripted events with you actors like a cutscene and then just take those images or video clips and use them?
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Silverwing

Post by Silverwing »

basically Id like to see one with a small enclosed customized level, a light source, camera circleing around the actor doing random animations
jonas

Post by jonas »

interesting... Idea. If you really had a lot of patience you could set it up in rf, screen capture it all then then use a program that will take video files and convert to screensaver(have a free program I will hunt down) you could even make it to were it did random animations by choping the video to ones for ever animation, then having the screensaver tool play them randomly.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
Silverwing

Post by Silverwing »

[quote="jonas"]interesting... Idea. If you really had a lot of patience you could set it up in rf, screen capture it all then then use a program that will take video files and convert to screensaver(have a free program I will hunt down) you could even make it to were it did random animations by choping the video to ones for ever animation, then having the screensaver tool play them randomly.[/quote]

wouldnt it be easier to have a 3d engine to do all the rendering?

oh well.. maybe one day ill start learning C++