can't find actorcreator/actrocreator. any links?

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
mussashimits

can't find actorcreator/actrocreator. any links?

Post by mussashimits »

Hi,
I just can't seem to find the actorcreator program on any links. I found some links to different versions of the program on the 3d genesis forums, but all of the links were down. Might anyone have a link for me? If not, would anyone be able to email me the program? My email address is mussashimits@yahoo.com. Thanks very much!
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

there is no actorcreator program - there is actorstudio, which comes with rf and is named astudio.exe. you will still need an external program for modeling your actors, however.

welcome to the forums!
mussashimits

Post by mussashimits »

hmm, then I guess Im a bit confused. When I export the mesh with actordecompile, it saves it as a msh file. now the only animation program I have experience with is milkshape.. how would I go about importing the .msh file into milkshape? I was looking for actrostudio because the help file reads "This file is designed to be imported in to ActroCreator where you can manipulate the mesh and add your own motions and other geomertry ect". If milkshape wont do, might you know any other 3d modeling/animation program that you can import the .msh files into? Thanks!
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

you're right, now that i research it, there is an actorcreator. i always wondered what the .msh files were for! :oops: sorry!

i see that the download link is down. you mioght try some of the sites listed under resources on http://www.genesis3d.com
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams »

The ActorCreator program was created a while ago by a community member. Unfortunately the development was stopped and the program is not available any longer (neither source code nor exe). The output pruduced by ActorDecompile was meant to be used with the ActorCreator program but without it it's rather useless. The only reason it is still included in the RF installer is that it shows you pretty detailed information about an actor without the need to decompile.
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

milkshape can be used to devompile *.ACT files. Go to Tools->Decompile Genesis3D *.act. You'll get a *.BDY file (the model itself) and maybe *.MOT files (animations) those can then be imported by milkshape via File->Import->Genesis3D BDY and MOT. One thing to add is that you can only load one MOT file at a time. But animation with milkshape is not really that great after all...

When you're finished you can export them as BDY and MOT again, those files you can then use ín ActorStudio to create your actors.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----