Weirdness texturing

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
DaveC

Weirdness texturing

Post by DaveC »

when I import the .map which i created in Valve Hammer editor and try to texture it using RF Edit Pro it looks all weird like this. Why?

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

well, for one thing, importing maps from valve hammer editor is illegal.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

um.... you are joking right? Valve hammer Editor is a program.. like "World Craft" or whatever it usto be called. It's a map maker.. I didn't import already created maps.. I impored a ".MAP" file which I created.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Nevermind I figured it out.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

yes, i know. from the license:
The License Agreement wrote:License.

1.1 License Grant. Valve hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive, royalty-free, terminable, worldwide, nontransferable license to:

(a) use VHE solely to develop New Levels for Half-Life and other compatible Valve products;
i dont think version 3.3 has this part, you might want to check that out.
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

Yeah, i use worldcraft too, yes it is Illegal, but so is downloading Mp3's and im sure most of the users on this website do that too,

i find it hard pressed for some one to distinguish a Valve.map from a RF.map,

and besides if you import a map and export it from RFeditpro, wouldn't that be a an Rfeditpro map as it was exported via Rfeditpro.....

Im not trying to promote illegal activity but i think Worldcraft is a good alternative because RFeditpro has no Vertex edting capabilities
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

on another note, does anyone know how to get the .bmp textures I make to show up in RF Edit Pro?
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

its not about not being traceable, its about not doing illegal things... sigh... :roll:

why not just use 3.3? basiucally the same thing, and im 99.9% sure it dosent have that license.

open rfpack.exe and drag your bmps into it, then save in media\levels,choose the txl in project->level options in rfeditpro.
sriram

Post by sriram »

DaveC wrote:Nevermind I figured it out.
Can you please tell how you got it worknig correctly ? I'm facing the exact problem of the textures going all weird[weird texture scale figures]....
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

when importing from WC you have to select all the faces of the brushes you import and hit the pgdn button

this brings up the faceproperties dialog box,

this is the tricky part, the texture sizes,offsets, and rotation will have weird values like 2.036364fg7 ect...

DO NOT! and i repeat DO NOT! try enter numbers this will send RFeditpro into and endless loop about not entering a correct value!

instead hit the down button next to the value this will give you about 2 errors of entering incorrect values, ignore this and click on the next box i.e click on offsets, then scale or whatever this will give you the correct values without the endless loop of error messages.

hopefully this will help, it is long winded but you end up with cool maps.
why not just use 3.3? basiucally the same thing, and im 99.9% sure it dosent have that license.
Well Sweet, that's the only version i got so i guess im in the clear then Yay-yuh!
sriram

Post by sriram »

Spyrewolf : I didnt get what you meant by the "down button"...I've tried clicking the value sliders but I get into "the endless loop of error messages" every time....can you please post a screenshot of the part you are mentioning in RF ?

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

RF FAQ http://terrymorgan.net/rffaq.zip

In World Editor, available at http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... el-editors

I just 'select all' select all/faces in selected brushes,
then hit 'defaults' in the face menu.

Demos tutorials http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm
Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf »

I just 'select all' select all/faces in selected brushes,
then hit 'defaults' in the face menu.
...............ha ha dude you're so right, i never even considered this .....well thisis gonna speed things up
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Yeah, Worldcraft/hammer have a diffrent texture size so you have to click Default :-p Stupid glitch.
Baiame

Post by Baiame »

Ehh... I see no way of selecting all faces in World Editor.