A few General questions

Discuss any other topics here
Dan

A few General questions

Post by Dan »

First, how do I make weapons and assign give them to my character (I am making a First Person shooter)

How do I place enemies into my levels and have them shoot at me when they see me?

How do I put my character into the game? For example, if I made my own 3D character using another program, how do I use him instead of that default guy with the blue shirt?

I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I just got Reality Factory today and I the only thing I know how to do at the moment is create rooms.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

1. should only be approached if you have been using rf for at least a couple months. if you still want to try, the manual tells how.

2. the most advanced topic in rf. should wait for that. this will get you started, the rf manual will get you the rest of the way. http://www.freewebs.com/andycr/pawns.htm

3. is in the manual.

the manual can be found at http://dhost.info/realityfactory/onlinehelp/index.htm
hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 »

Dan

Post by Dan »

Thanks but in the manual it doesn't say how to actually give your character a weapon and have the ability to shoot it.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

It does, simply make the weapon as the manual describes, give it to the player as it describes in giving attributes, give him ammo in the same way and it'll work.
jonas

Post by jonas »

A tutorial on making and a actor and adding it to a level

If a tutorial can be a beta then its a beta. :lol:
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

Hey Jonas can we get a downloadable version perhaps? Thanks.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Ya I have a zip file with it all in it. I will upload it here and a bit.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack