Can you make me please a....

Topics relating to Modeling with Reality Factory.
rgalibaba

Can you make me please a....

Post by rgalibaba »

Can someone make me a fps Ak47, a tank, and tell me how to make something explode when i press space bar or click and how to have the character load with the weapon, ive read about all the tutorials and tried making these myself with Milk Shape 3d, but the results are very very sad, some if you can please help, oh and can you make the tank move or do you have to move it yourself? thanks

:D
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

Hey I've spent over 5 years working with 3D models and texture art and I still make stuff that I think sucks.

It's one of those things you have to keep cranking at or be ready to pay someone to do.

It takes me 5 hours at least to make a half decent fps rifle. Thats not including texturing which could take another hour or more. All in all it's about a buisness days worth of work to do it right.

Thus it's not something to be just whipped up for free.

A tank is requires even more work especially when it comes to tracks, scripting, and animating.

The trick is start simple and work your way up. When it comes to game developement jumping in over your head will only get you drowned.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

asking someone to make something time consuming for you-10 dollars

asking him to do it for free-1000 dollars

going to turbosquid.com-priceless

for some things you need a credit card for everything else there is turbosquid.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
rgalibaba

Post by rgalibaba »

ok,ok, but when i do make a weapon how do i make it fire and the player pick it up? thanks
rgalibaba

Post by rgalibaba »

i found i site with a bunch of free weapons but how do i put them to fps? they are whole weapons

http://www.max-realms.com/modules/wmpdo ... .php?cid=3
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

check the rffaq book in the downloads section on the main page and/or hike1's demos. i really dont know how to go about adding them yet as ive only been making my models.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Kamazy

Post by Kamazy »

The best way to get free good models is to download extra game models.
Find a site that has CS (Counter-Strike) models and find what u need.
Cs has both first and third person models so you can use them.
For a tank look for a DOD (Day Of Defeat) Models.

As long as u use these just for fun (not selling) it's ok to use them.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

About the tank treads....
Cant you just use a flip book or animated texture? The stuff shown in 075 demo. The computer screen and the wall countdown from 4 to 0. Is that hard to do? Otherwise, a tank is nothing more than a complex mesh model. A tank would be composed of 3 main objects. The tank base, the turret top and the barrel. Then with some scripting you could script all of it to work together. It would be a scripted pawn. Program the base to rotate and move with arrow keys. Have the turret rotate left and right with the mouse and the barrel up and down with the mouse. I dont know how to script in mouse movement and control but how hard can it be? Then make the barrel fire with a mouse click. Remember that all the parts have to be scripted to be attached to eachother.

**All my suggestions in this post are theory.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.