Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Discuss any other topics here
Anteater

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Post by Anteater »

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was excellent. It was as good as King Kong, maybe better. It had great graphics, the soundtrack was great (I especially liked the rock version of One Winged Angel), and it had some awesome battle scenes. I give it 5 stars. Even a friend of mine, who hates Final Fantasy, loved it! It's a shame it was only 1:41 long. :D
GD1

Post by GD1 »

great movie. i watched the fansub a couple months before the US DVD came out, and i was really impressed, even though i had no prior experiences with FF. I got into anime about a year ago with FullMetal Alchemist, which is the only show that i am truly a fan of. but i have to say, FFVII:AC ranks right up there with FMA on my list.

the one thing that bothered me though was that, unless you have some knowledge of the background, the storyline, as awesome as it is, doesn't make much sense. a little more time spent explaining who people were and what was going on, as well as some technical information about how materia and summonings work, would have added greatly to the movie. it was short enough that they had plenty of time to do so. and most playstation deprived people aren't gonna spend a week trying to dig up info on the game like i did.

all in all though, this has got to be the single most inspiring work of art for a 3D artist to admire.
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

most playstation deprived people aren't gonna spend a week trying to dig up info on the game like i did.
Actually, there IS a PC computer version of the game out there. :D Oh, and by the way, it's also worth mentioning that most of the people who made the movie had no prior movie making experience other than the in-game movies in FF games. That's pretty impressive.