Confuse about RF...

Discuss any other topics here
Billwaa

Confuse about RF...

Post by Billwaa »

I am very confuse. Actually can someone explain to me how RF work? I am new to this.

I am used to Game Maker which you make your own game and create it as a exe along with some attach files, so that you can zip them all up and give it to your friend or whoever online. With RF, can you do that? Or the person who play it have to have RF too? or what? I am very confused.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

The difference between RF and GM is that in RF you don't need to build that .exe file. It is already there. RF is in fact already a game when you download and install it, you just have to modify the content of the game (models, levels, your own weapons etc...) to make it YOUR game. So you create your game in RF by modifying stuff in RF and adding it.
Pain is only psychological.
Billwaa

Post by Billwaa »

how do you send it to other people then? I thought the liscen said you not allow to give any parts RF of it to anyone.
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

I guess this makes it all clear:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files ("Reality Factory"), to deal in Reality Factory without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of Reality Factory
So, you can distribute it freely and you can even sell it.
Pain is only psychological.
Voltare

Post by Voltare »

you can do whatever you want with your game.....except remove the genesis3d logo at the beginning.That is the only restriction i know of.....

and if you have worked with gamemaker, i'm sure you have programmed a bit of GML......which is , in my opinion, a good starting point for those wishing to learn scripting..........
Billwaa

Post by Billwaa »

ok, thx, this make it a bit better for me ^_^