Problem with charecter orientation. HELP!

Post topics regarding Level Building/Design and Entity Usage with Reality Factory
roastmutton

Problem with charecter orientation. HELP!

Post by roastmutton »

I downloaded a day ago, and when I place all the required entities, and I compile, it compiles fine except for one thing, the player is lying, walking, rotating and whatever else with half of his body unseen into the ground. HELP!
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Welcome to the forums! :D

I forgot the axis (been too long since I worked with RF1!), but you have to change a rotation setting in PlayerSetup. Search the forum for 'on face' or something of that nature and it should come up, its a fairly common issue.
jonas

Post by jonas »

X = -90

Y = 180

Z = 0

Should do the trick, and welcome to the board.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
disscombobilated

Post by disscombobilated »

for some reason, god knows why, the people at discrete made 3D Studio MAX so that the Z axis goes up and down and Y goes front and back, doesnt make much sence to me. therefore any model made in max will need to be rotated as mentioned above to work right.
Attachments
XZY.jpg
XZY.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 460 times