Rescripting player attacks and pawns' status

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
cyl1981

Rescripting player attacks and pawns' status

Post by cyl1981 »

Hi guys I am sorry that I did not be more specific on my previous post when I made my questions, resulting in a lack of responds :oops: , so this time I will explain to you exactly how I want the player and the pawns to behave when I run them in RF :wink: .

Basically this script should do the following:

1. telling RF that my pawn have two status - a normal mode and a Knocked down Mode.

2. Then tell RF when my player attacks the pawn, check and see the pawn's health level, if its is 60 or below 60% of it's total health, then triggers the pawn to go into it's "knocked down Mode"

3. while the pawn is in this "knocked down mode" set the pawn to regenerate it's health until it's reach 100% of it's original health level, but the pawn reamins in "knocked down mode" before it's health is fully regenerated.

4. While the pawn is in "kocked down mode" RF will replace the player's original sets of ranged and melee attack with a second sets of attacks which can only be performed when the pawn is in "knocked down mode" how ever I wantedto tell RF that this will only be applicable if the player is within the pawn's feasible region ie. the player will not switch to his or her "knocked down mode attacks" if the pawn is 5000 miles away from the player.

5. If the pawn is no longer in "knocked down mode" then RF triggers Player to switch back to the default sets of attack that the player uses, until player encounter another pawn in "knocked down mode".

Please help me out on this one because I am really desperate, and if you could include a finished script file it will be even better, thanx guys :) .[/b]
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

I think you should make script yourself, not to ask for it. Think: if you are going to learn how to script your character will have more opportuneties then just be knocked down. Currently I'm learning myself :wink:
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Indeed, the sooner you learn scripting the better. It is of no use to come here asking for a finished script. Even if someone agreed to make it (which I doubt..) you wouldn't learn anything and if you wanted to add something to it, you would have to come ask us again.

So, have you got any scripting experience? Total newbie?

A good way to start learning scripting is going through the Online Help (http://www.dhost.info/realityfactory/on ... /index.htm) and the RF book(dowload at http://www.dhost.info/realityfactory/tutorials.htm).

I also wrote some basic stuff about scripts here.
Pain is only psychological.