(46.07 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
screen1.jpg
(44.32 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
screen2.jpg
(38.47 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
Pain is only psychological.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Nice looking, just that dollar sign is very big and those numbers are small. And is it the screenshot or your game is very dark?
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Yeah, at the moment the game is really dark. I'm not using default light level and most places are still missing all the lights.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Juutis it looks great!! Yes, screens are what we need. People need to see that this community is making cool stuff with RF, not just talking about it. And this looks cool. Did you models the guys? I think they look good. Nice texturing.

I really like the HUD. Just perhaps tone down thae dollar sign a bit. The darkness is okay. You can kick in the default light level a little in the blueish green range to pull out some highlights in the shadowed areas. The shot in the ductwork is cool. Reminds me of 24!! :D
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Thanks.

All the models are made and textured by me. The textures used on bsp geometry are either made by me or RF's default textures.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Very nice modeling and texturing. You have a lot of talent. How far done are you towards releasing something for folks to download?
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

I'm nowhere near releasing anything. It only has two areas, not even complete levels, which aren't connected in any way. I use dozens of different scripts to handle the weapon inaccuracy and different damage types, unfortunately some script causes the game to crash without leaving any info to the log file.

But most of all, this project has been frozen for months now. :(
I got a great new idea for a game (I'll start a new topic about it some day...) and at the same time I lost my interest for this project.
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Wow, great shots! :D
shadow

Post by shadow »

Nice work!

Its got a nice feel to it.
Great to see what people are working on.
Keep it up.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Great to see what people are working on.
Exactly what I meant. it is always great to see what people are making. 3D Games are about the visual.

I am quite anxious to hear what your new idea is, Juutis. I have dumped many ideas in favor of a new, stronger idea.
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

Good job Juutis. Nice screens! Seeing screens of your project inspires me to work more on my game.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Seeing screens of your project inspires me to work more on my game.
Yes!! Exactly!! What is your game, MoG? Start a thread and show some screens!!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Thank you all for this good feedback. It really feels good to hear that my work isn't as terrible as i thought... it gives a nice little inspiration boost.

So, everyone, start posting those screens! I would like to see some great shots too. :wink:
steven8

Post by steven8 »

It really feels good to hear that my work isn't as terrible as i thought...
I have found in my life that if you look at your work long enough. . .eventually you'll hate it! Anyone can convince themselves, given enough time, that what they have made is junk. That's why you need to get it out in front of other like-minded people who can give you honest feedback to help with the creative process. To keep the juices flowing!!

That is what communities like this are for.

I think your work is cool, and you really helped out incenseman over in the scripting forum on the zoom overlay issue. You have a lot of talent and will contribute greatly to this forum.

I am going to post some screens from my Castle of the Pharaoh demo. I had convinced myself that it stinks as well. :wink: , but a good friend of mine keeps kicking me in the head and tells me it doesn't. See, that's what friends are for. :D
MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames »

steven8 the 2nd wrote:
Seeing screens of your project inspires me to work more on my game.
Yes!! Exactly!! What is your game, MoG? Start a thread and show some screens!!
Well, I only have the legs of one of the four troopers to be seen in my game done and a simple gun that needs texturing. As soon as I get something accomplished, even if its rendered in the modeling program and not RF, I will upload some screens. I am not 100% clear on my story and will most likely do a massive information dump on the forums, or maybe get my own website to show everyone the details in the future.

I'm gonna go work on my model...
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.