Newbie team

Please post all job ads here ONLY
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

No, I'm vacating at my grandparents at their homestead. Thei computer isn't strong so I can only check forums, but I'll try it out when I get home
Lithuanians for Georgia!
steven8

Post by steven8 »

That's an odd coincedence. We are going to Pennsylvania this weekend, and we will going right by my wife's grandparents old homestead. they have since passed away, but her grandfather built that house from the ground up himself! It's a beautiful place. Natural stonework!

Enjoy your vacation!! :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

steven8 wrote: but her grandfather built that house from the ground up himself!
Now that's odd, my grandfather built that homestead all by himself too :shock:
Lithuanians for Georgia!
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

steven8 wrote: I like to make textures, and do menu graphics. You can send me a design document for your menus, or just give a rough idea of the look you are going for. I can design and code the menu for you with a custom menu.ini. Just let me know if you want me to. I've done all my own menus, and I helped do the menu for Telepath.
That would be great. I'm not sure which is design document, but you I'll post screenshot of menu I would like when I'll draw it, ok?
Lithuanians for Georgia!
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Very cool. My great Uncle built his house too. These days it isn't so easy to just do that. How old is your Grandfather?
steven8

Post by steven8 »

That would be just fine. You post a shot of what you would like, thne I can make it up. le tme know what buttons you want, like new game, options, etc. we have to design those sub menus as well.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

My grandfather is 70 now. I just downloaded RF here. It really laggs, simple cube compiled for about 2 mins. Anyway, I think I know how to use trigger now, but now I don't know how to use explosions :evil:
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

You mean predefined explosions? Those that you define in the explosion.ini?
Pain is only psychological.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

No, I don't know what to write in explosion properties
Last edited by LtForce on Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Oh, right! The explosion entity!

Well, first of all, if you want a visible explosion to appear, you'll need to define it in the explosion.ini. Check the online manual for details. Then you'll have to put the name of the explosion you just defined to the field 'ExplosionName'. So if you define an explosion named 'BigExplosion' in explosion.ini, you would put 'BigExplosion' in the ExplosionName for the entity.

Then the damaging.The fields 'DamageAmt' and 'DamageAltAmt' define how much damage the explosion deals to attributes defined in fields 'DamageAttribute' and 'DamageAltAttribute'. Radius is, logically, the radius inside which entitys take damage.

'ShakeAmt' is the amount of shake the explosion will cause. In other words, it defines how much the screen shakes if you are within the radius of the explosion. And 'ShakeDecay' defines how fast the shaking stops. Higher is faster.

'TriggerName' is the name of the trigger that will trigger the explosion.

Aaand if you want to attach the explosion to some other entity (pawn, static entity proxy...), you'll have to enter the entity's name to the field 'EntityName'. 'BoneName' is the bone or joint to which you want to attach the explosion. If you want to attach it to a world model you need to enter the model's name to field 'Model'.
Pain is only psychological.
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

Ok here are menu buttons, icons and how should it look:
http://www.esnips.com/web/RealityFactory

If it stinks just tell me the truth, I won't mind. This is my first time doing menu
Lithuanians for Georgia!
Shoujoboy

Cool

Post by Shoujoboy »

I'd like to Join,my only strong point is Modeling(which isn't a very strong one)...but I can try ^_^
animatrix

Post by animatrix »

ltforce, maybe you could use some of these...
LtForce

Post by LtForce »

@ Shoujoboy: ok, you are in. Your first task: create a table full of food and drinks and show me how it looks(it's for inn)

@ animatrix: I'm using that last one for undeads.
Lithuanians for Georgia!
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Hi LtForce, I got your bitmap. I will work with that to put something together for a start and post it back. It will be a day or two. I have a question about - Pre. Next Cancel. I'm not sure what this means. Do you want your menu to work like a browser? I'm not sure how that would be done.
Last edited by steven8 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.