Weapons that zoom using scope.

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Well, from the online help of how to define weapons and projectiles. I never thought of this for your problem:

Projectile definition:

actor - name of the actor file used for the projectile

rotation - the rotation values, in degrees, required to align the actor correctly

scale - the amount that the actor is to be scaled, with 1 being 100%

animation - the name of the animation used by the actor, if any

I guess even an idle animation has to be called? I was thinking animation, but not the projectile. I was thinking weapon. I had a crashing issue once because there was no reload animation.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

The 'if any' tells me it likely is optional.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Hmm. Makes sense, but why did it stop crashing?
incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 »

steven8,

I am using the Virgil character that came with RF. I have made no changes to the script.

Juutis,

I did just what you said and the issue is still happening.

Oh WOE-is-me!!!

I even tried using a different projectile. Still have the issue.

I tried reinstalling RF and when I tried to create and run a test game to see if the install is what it should have been it said that I was missing alot of stuff, fonts and sound files and the like. So I copied all that stuff from the install folder that i was using and still got thoes errors in the log file. Shouldnt a fresh install run without all that bad stuff?

Oh WOE-is-me!!!

Did i already say that? (Ok, disregard that one) :oops:
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Please post your level and any custom scripts or special txl file and graphics you have made. Are you using stock pawns? If not, post the special pawns as well. I won't be able to do anything with it until tomorrow morning, as I will have to sleep for work tonight (i work 3rd.), but I would like to try the level myself to see what is happening.

Did you uninstall and reinstall rf? Did you copy over the 075 zip folder if you'd been using that before?