with the new rf announcement?

Discuss any other topics here
Cynical Gaming

with the new rf announcement?

Post by Cynical Gaming »

does this mean that it will run on new gfx cards finally!?????

omg please say yes so i can continue you working with rf.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Hi Cynical Gaming,

Welcome to Reality Factory. RF runs on my geforce fx 5200. It'll run on new cards, it just doesn't use the hardware TnL yet. That is still on Mr. QOD's list of things to do. In the meantime, that doesn't prevent you from working on projects in RF. You can still work on story, artwork, modelling and level design. Your project can be great no matter what!! It's just that, when the TnL capabilities are put in place, you'll be able to throw more complicated levels and models at the machine!

The engine is only the tool. The artist makes the game!! :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
Cynical Gaming

Post by Cynical Gaming »

oh this actually this is cynnical.
i was just tired of having a mis-spelled name.

and there is alot of complications for me when i create levels and compile and run. it would frequently crash out of nowhere after i added a few new scripts here and there so i just eventually gave up on it and decided to wait for a new update before i went back to developing on RF.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Hmm. I looked back through your old Cynnical posts, but I didn't see any reference to crashing and scripts. Where were you having issues? How big were your levels, and what were the errors you were receiving? What scripts were you using?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!