RF new feature help!

Topics regarding Scripting with Reality Factory
psYco

RF new feature help!

Post by psYco »

I know there is now a new feature in RF that allows you to create decalls on game surfaces and I know how to plant a decal on a wall but I cant seem to get a projectile to create a decal when it hits something eg I make blood by making my zombies fire a blooddrop projectile when they are hurt but can i make it so when the blooddrop projectile hits the ground or wall it makes a blood splat? :twisted:

I havent found any tutorials on the web about this and I cant find it in the old RF book can any one help me get my projectiles to leave a decall?
:) Please :)

Jason psYco Jackson
Juutis

Post by Juutis »

It shouldn't be too hard.

Just add a DecalDefine entity in your level and set the properties the way you want them to be (bitmap, alphamap etc...).
In the field "Type" enter a number, like 1.
Then open up your weapon.ini file and add this line to your blooddrop projectile definition: "decal = 1".

And that's it... Feel free to ask if you have problems.
Pain is only psychological.
psYco

Post by psYco »

thanks for the help i tried it and it works great only thing is when lots of decalls fall on top of eachother ( :twisted: loads of blood :twisted:) it makes a weird black zigzag pattern on it if you look at it from close, any way its not too bad just wondering if this is commen and easily fixed?

If not it still looks great! Thanks for all the help!